Engineering Manager Developer Portals
Remote job description
Discord is looking for a highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Engineering Manager to build and lead our dedicated Developer Portals team. As the manager responsible for the Developer Portals team reporting into our Internal Developer Experience Manager, you will have enormous impact by building scalable primitives and frameworks that can be effortlessly used to quickly ship internal products to engineering and non-engineering internal customers.
This team's mission is to democratize web tools at Discord and will give every person an opportunity to make their ideas a reality. If you are motivated by building internal product, working with internal customers, have a passion for seeing others succeed, and want to think with Portals, then read on!
What you'll be doing
- Lead a team of engaged engineers -- building autonomy, mastery, and purpose
- Work with internal engineering teams, understand their pain points, and set a clear vision and roadmap to improve internal product development
- Rebuild and take ownership over our Admin Panel, the largest internal product surface at Discord
- Manage processes and use your technical expertise to improve the Engineering organization and ensure your team achieves extraordinary results
- Work with other Engineering Managers to improve the Engineering organization
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer building product
- You have 2+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager and successfully managed a team of 3+ Software Engineers
- You have experience working with many kinds of teams -- engineering, CX, Trust & Safety, ops, and more
- You are comfortable writing the roadmap -- not just following one
- You are passionate about coaching and leading other engineers, but love to code when the opportunity arises
- You get to the heart of issues and lead your team to come up with effective solutions
- We take care of our team with comprehensive Medical (HMO or PPO), Dental, and Vision plans at no cost for employees
- Paid leave for new parents and 11-days PTO
- Fully subsidized commuter and parking benefit
- Gym allowance
- Awesome daily catered lunches and snacks
- New York City only Minimum salary of $206,000/year + equity and benefits
- Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law.
- Colorado only. Minimum salary of $164,800/year + equity and benefits.
- Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests - from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We're working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It's a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Company name: Discord
Remote job title: Engineering Manager Developer Portals