Director of Engineering
Remote job description
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to join the Shopmonkey team as our growth continues straight to the moon! There will be opportunities to mentor key department leaders, and to lead and scale a team of people while applying a "Humble, Hungry and Smart" philosophy. You will partner with some of the most interesting and inspiring people in the world and will work alongside industry experts. Your contributions will directly impact the lives of your colleagues and customers, and will help define your career.
As a Director of Engineering at Shopmonkey, you will lead globally distributed teams which are responsible for managing essential feature squads. You will report to the Head of Engineering and will apply your leadership skills and knowledge of software development to deliver features in a scalable and reliable manner. To be successful as a Director of Engineering you will need to demonstrate your leadership and project management prowess, have up-to-date knowledge and familiarity with Shopmonkey's technical stack and distributed systems, and demonstrate a strong hands-on attitude for problem solving.
You Have The Opportunity To:
- Be a role model and professional coach to engineers based in the USA and Ukraine
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings to keep pulse on engineering team's morale and productivity
- Guide discussions that address tactical technical questions and commit and deliver on a proposed solution
- Facilitate cross organizational projects to ensure teams are delivering high quality products on time and within budget
- Partner closely with the talent team to bring on additional technical talent
- Collaborate with product management and design teams to ensure designs meet requirements for features, reliability, cost, function and regulatory compliance
We Are Looking For People Who Have:
- A few years of experience of leading teams of around 10 engineers
- Experience interacting and having influence over a global engineering team - this is highly preferred!
- Solid track record working in the technology industry as an engineer and people influencer
- Understands the the ups and downs the comes along with scaling an engineering team
- Is eager to partner with the talent team and is committed to participating in recruitment initiatives
- Has a systematic approach and strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with the full lifecycle of building, deploying, and maintaining large scale and distributed systems
- Familiar with relational and noSQL databases like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Bonus points if you have experience with React.js, Kubernetes and Apache Kafka!
The US is the second-largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and customers to have a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey, the leading auto repair shop software company, is a cloud-based solution that consolidates the complexities of running an auto repair business - from appointment scheduling to parts ordering, to managing inventory and processing payments - all onto a single platform. We help repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation with simple, easy-to-use software.
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Company name: Shopmonkey
Remote job title: Director of Engineering