Remote job description
We're looking for a Senior Ruby or Rails developer to work on an architecture where the backoffice interacts with our mobile application and our folly connected bike. The role will be working in a team of web engineers, along-side our mobile developers and other relevant functions such as hardware and firmware, and reporting into the VP of Engineering. For this role we would like someone with solid Ruby on Rails development although would be willing to consider someone with exceptional experience building microservices, or with python, or node.js.
You'll need to integrate SIM Card management, end-of-line testing from our factory, remote bike diagnostic (like Tesla) and proactive failure management (detecting potential battery failure for instance) to provide world class customer support to our riders. A good chunk of the work will be supporting our internal tools but you will also be facing many complex challenges within logistics, remote repairs, distribution (test rides available in 60+ cities), manufacturing, data warehousing, etc.
What you'll be doing
- Work independently or with other engineers to develop user-experience focused web applications, or provide support for existing systems.
- Collaborate with designers, frontend developers, firmware engineer, hardware engineer to understand business goals, analyse requirements, formulate solutions, and ensure the successful execution and delivery of the end product.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects.
- Participate in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing.
Who we are looking for
- 6+ years of experience in Ruby on Rails development or we would be open to consider someone with exceptional experience building microservices, or with python, or node.js.
- Proficient AWS experience: S3 , RDS, or event driven architectures
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Understand and exercise best practices for web development and software design
Who we are
In 2018, Cowboy introduced the most beautiful, simple, and connected electric bike for urban riders. With a vision to be the ideal mode of transport, Cowboy has transformed the electric bike to be a fully connected ecosystem that our riders experience every day. Over time, the cultural impact we imagine is one of creating the living city - urban environments that are more mindful of us and the way we want to move and more sustainable for all its inhabitants.
We are a disrupter in the market with ambitious goals, winning Red-Dot awards in 2018, 2019, and 2021. We enhance the riding experience by unifying intelligent technology, delightful design, and meticulous customer service. Our mission is to become the most desirable micro-mobility company in Europe & US by 2025.
In May 2021, Cowboy launched its fourth model, introducing a new frame with a wireless phone charging feature. Our bikes, on-demand test rides, and repair services are available in more than 10 European countries and our bikes are available across the U.S.A. In January 2022, Cowboy raised $80 Million of funding from international investors led by HCVC and Siam Capital with continued support from previous investors Index and Tiger Global in the Series C round.
A Cowboy is someone with the courage, despite their fears, to follow their own intuition and to move their own way. Courage is the human emotion shared among our riders and with us as a brand.
What we offer you
- Highly competitive package with a clear and open salary structure
- 30 days annual leave/ vacation days (exclusive of local bank holidays)
- Your own Cowboy bike* (and a nice discount for your family)
- Monthly wellbeing budget
- Annual L&D budget
- If you are based in Belgium then an annual budget to cover some of your costs on the days you chose to work from home. If you aren't based in Belgium then you will receive a monthly remote work fund to set you up for success or co-working subscription if preferred.
- Opportunity to become one of the key employees of a fast-growing startup with open, respectful and fun company culture
- Daily meal allowance
- Having a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Working with people who love what they do every day
- For the duration of your contract
Just like our rider community in cities across Europe, diversity is a strength. No matter where you come from, or the path you're on, Cowboy is inclusive and so is our workplace. Your unique skills, passion, and perspective will help us continue to transform mobility and urban life for the better.
Company name: Cowboy
Remote job title: Back-end Developer
Job tags: hardware, mobility