VP Sales Strategy and Operations
Remote job description
Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful - it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company's connection with its customers.
How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where - but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers - ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We're meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
About the role:
Forter is looking for a VP of Sales Strategy & Operations to own and improve global sales functions and productivity. Reporting to our Chief Revenue Officer, the ideal candidate thrives in a growth culture that values strategic communication, teamwork and results. This position requires extensive enterprise B2B SaaS experience and strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to build best practices within our team. You will develop an excellent communication framework and partnership across the GTM teams, organizational functions and executive leaders while guiding and influencing larger, cross-divisional teams in order to achieve strategic and operational initiatives.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive continual improvements in our bookings forecast and pipeline management processes, including operating cadence and overall format
- Develop a data-driven, probability weighted bookings forecast for the business
- Provide regular check-ins with Sales Managers/Sales Reps and cross functional teams to determine how sales opportunities are tracking against plan, highlighting best practices and calling out risk
- Boost sales productivity by refining customer segmentation/territory management, simplifying the sales process and identifying pain points at every stage of the sales funnel
- Track and analyze KPIs for growth, win/loss rates, upsells, renewals, quota attainment and identify individual performance areas for improvement
- Lead our deal desk to achieve bigger, better and faster deal execution, including RFP support and best practices for enablement and strategic deal execution
- Manage sales contracts, track customers and coordinate cross-functional activities across departments. Challenge and update legacy policies and procedures that complicate quote, order, invoice, credit, commissions, and revenue processing
- Partner with our Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and FP&A team to build a billings forecast and commission plan that fits within our operating plan. Creatively explore incentives that drive the desired behavior and product mix
- Partner with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities to simplify the sales process through optimization and automation (demand generation, deal management, relationship mapping, account planning)
- Support SPIFF programs by updating performance, reporting and communication to participants to drive success
- Ability to size up TAM opportunities and identify go to market strategies and opportunities to optimize resource efficiency
- Collaborate with Sales leadership, Legal and Accounting to enter new global sales territories
- Routinely track sales rep productivity metrics and identify ways to drive higher participation rates (refine hiring profiles, onboarding processes, ongoing enablement and tools)
- Assess pipeline generation strategies and tools to continually evolve with an ever changing market
- Participate directly in the preparation and execution of global all-hands, quarterly business reviews, management offsites and board meetings
What you'll need:
- 10+ years experience in a dynamic software (SaaS) business with high-growth (30%+ y/y)
- Experience & success partnering with sales driving a disruptive and largely outbound GTM
- Demonstrated high and equally balanced IQ and EQ with high adaptability
- Successful track record of leading high performing sales ops teams of ~10+
- Collaborative team player who builds strong cross functional relationships
- Thoughtful leader who enjoys coaching, mentoring and building
- Data-driven, curious and operationally excellent with strong communication and presentation skills
- An appreciation and commitment to the Forter IMPACT values
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series F valuation of over $3 Billion, making us the most valuable privately-held fraud prevention company globally. Our investors include: Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, and Salesforce Ventures.
- Competitive salary
- Matching 401K Plan
- Comprehensive and generous health insurance, including vision and dental coverage
- Stock options
- Generous PTO policy
- Half day Fridays
*Forter does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Forter (or any related) jobs alias or directly to any Forter employees. Forter will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Salary Range: $170,195 - $280,000 annually + bonus + equity + benefits
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, and skill level.
Company name: Forter
Remote job title: VP Sales Strategy and Operations
Job tags: e-commerce, B2B, Marketing Strategy