Sr. Partner Manager
Remote job description
dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we've grown to become one of the leading brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies. dbt Labs is a remote-first, values-driven company with a globally distributed team. You can learn more about our values here.
About the Partnerships Team:
dbt Labs is on a mission to empower data practitioners to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Having pioneered the practice of analytics engineering, we're now fortunate to support a community of over 25,000 data practitioners committed to changing how data teams work together. To assist in this journey, we want to build a world class partner ecosystem, and across the globe we have hundreds of partners already signed up, engaged and helping us grow.
We're currently seeking a new Partner Manager to join our ranks, who can work with our partner ecosystem to aid us in our mission to empower data practitioners.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Build deep relationships with a portfolio of consulting partner organizations in the dbt partner program within your region
- Recruit, engage, train and advise new consulting partners that join the dbt partner program
- Working with official dbt partners, develop a commercial engine which will generate pipeline and closed revenue for dbt labs. You will drive pipeline generation through partners, utilising sales plays, marketing plans, co-selling motions and sales training.
- Work closely with sales and marketing teams to fit into the wider commercial plans for the region, and utilize your portfolio of partners to assist the company hitting its overall financial objectives.
- Build a portfolio of dbt implementation partners that can be relied upon to deliver dbt services
- Work with the community and marketing teams to find opportunities to grow the dbt Community in collaboration with our partners.
You are a good fit if you:
- 4+ years experience working as a partner manager, demonstrating an ability to work with an existing partner network, and leading partners to success
- Experience in prospecting for new partners, onboarding them and leading them to become valuable and contributing members of the partner ecosystem.
- A proven ability to hit and over exceed pipeline/revenue quotas through partners.
- A well-developed, commercial mindset and grasp the importance of pipeline generation through the channel
- Experience in building partner portfolios in early stage organizations.
- Excellent verbal, written, and in-person communication skills to interact with multiple levels and teams within dbt
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous and fast-paced work environment with integrity and accountability
- A passion for being a inclusive, collaborative teammate and involved member of the community
You'll have an edge if you:
- Demonstrated success in a role related to sales or alliances at a technology company or start-up
- The ability to express a clear baseline strategy for growth and support of your partner portfolio, as well as the flexibility to change as conditions evolve on the ground
- Demonstrated expertise in data analytics, ETL, BI, and/or open-source software
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary: $170,000-$218,000
- Equity Stake*
- Benefits: In the US, dbt Labs offers unlimited vacation (and yes we use it!), 401k w/3% guaranteed contribution, excellent healthcare, paid parental leave and a home office stipend. For employees outside the United States, dbt Labs offers a competitive benefits package.
*Equity or comparable benefits may be offered depending on the legal limitations
What to expect in the hiring process (all video interviews via Zoom unless accommodations are needed):
- Interview with a Talent Acquisition Partner
- Interview with Hiring Manager
- Four Team Interviews (1:1s) that cover the following:
- Commercial Experience
- Engaging with Partners
- Focus on Customers
- Value Alignment
- Final interview with one of our Values Carriers
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
- Analytic code itself - not just analytics tools - will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Today, there are 9,000 companies using dbt every week, 30,000 practitioners in the dbt Community Slack, and 1,800 companies paying for dbt Cloud. Our customers include JetBlue, Hubspot, Vodafone New Zealand, and Dunelm. dbt is synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We're backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Altimeter. We recently raised our series D: read the announcement here!
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance or an accommodation.
Want to learn more about our focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at dbt Labs? Check out our DEI page here.
dbt Labs reserves the right to amend or withdraw the posting at any time.Privacy Notice
Supplement to Privacy Notice - Californians
Supplement to Privacy Notice - EEA/UK
Company name: dbt Labs
Remote job title: Sr. Partner Manager
Job tags: Onboarding, Early-Stage, Pipeline Generation
location or timezone
categorySales and Partnerships
posted12 days ago