Senior Enterprise Account Executive, Partnerships
Remote job description
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn't come with a manual. That's why we're building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes - knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry - we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We're seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we'll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million+ projects started on Thumbtack
- About 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- About 10 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Partnerships Team
The Partnerships team is focused on expanding the growth of our partnerships portfolio with large messaging platforms and customer relationship management (CRM) tools to positively impact the overall health of the marketplace. Additionally, the Partnerships team works closely with different XFN partners in product, sales, success, marketing, etc. to design and execute targeted campaigns and experiments for new and existing professionals on Thumbtack.
About the Role
The Senior Strategic Account Manager sits within the Sales organization with an indirect line into the Partnerships team. This role will serve as the primary point of contact for Thumbtack's strategic and technology Demand partners. The Sr. Partnerships Manager role will directly impact the overall growth of the Thumbtack marketplace by creating and maintaining a framework for ensuring that a partner's business goals, objectives, and needs are exceeded. Improving the quality of partners on the platform, that provide an exceptional customer experience, while driving revenue for the company.
- Manage and proactively engage with a portfolio of Partners ("book of business") that use our Demand API product, with a focus on Partner retention and Net Retention Growth YoY
- Partner with the General Manager of Demand Partnerships to identify opportunities to drive product adoption, net retention, and overall revenue growth
- Enable co-selling and co-marketing initiatives; including training with our partners and internal sales team to create win/win strategies.
- Manage partner relationships by setting strategic goals, KPIs, and initiatives for continued success
- Drive adoption of best practices to enable Partners to convert and perform more effectively as a Thumbtack partner.
- Provide API and integration guidance with partners and internal stakeholders
- Work cross-functionally with product, sales, success, and marketing teams to define, improve, and execute on our GTM strategy
What you'll need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 5+ years of experience in customer success, account management, partnerships, business development, consulting or similar customer-facing roles
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and deliver a customer-centric solution
- Experience managing a portfolio of accounts that met or exceeded quota or defined KPIs
- Salesforce or similar CRM experience is required
- Technology enthusiast, positively curious, and eager to build and learn
- Proven ability to manage, utilize, and prioritize your time and efforts
Bonus points if you have
- Experience managing a book of business and "owning" a target
- Experience working for a company offering services through an online Marketplace, and/or SaaS offerings
- Experience selling to, or working with, Publishers, Content Creators, and/or business that operate on revenue share models
- Ability to work cross-functionally within an organization to drive results
- Understanding of API and technology tools
- Comfortable working in a highly entrepreneurial environment and building new processes from the ground up
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines.* Learn more about our virtual-first working model here.
For candidates living in the US, the expected salary + commissions On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for this role is currently $115,000 - $145,000. Actual offered OTE will vary and will be based on various factors, such as calibrated job level, qualifications, skills, competencies, proficiency for the role, and various factors that will be laid out in a commission plan.
#LI-RemoteBenefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with in-person events
- 20 company-wide holidays including a week-long end-of-year company shutdown
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services (North America)
- WiFi reimbursements
- Cell phone reimbursements (North America)
- Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company name: Thumbtack
Remote job title: Senior Enterprise Account Executive, Partnerships
Job tags: Customer Satisfaction, Strategic Partnerships, Salesforce