Sales Executive, Growth
Remote job description
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we're building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you're ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There's no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work - whether it's from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop - while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
As we continue our fast growth, we are looking to add to our Brand Partnerships team within our newly formed Growth Sales Team. We are hiring a strategic-minded Sales Executive to focus on deepening our relationships with Instacart's Growth consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies through relationship building, creative solution selling, and influencing.
These accounts represent significant upside opportunity but are largely under-developed relationships for Instacart today. You will forge strong partnerships with these CPG brand leaders and partner with cross-functional teams within Instacart to align advertiser priorities and deliver on targets. The ideal candidate is a self-starter that is excited to build and shape the vision of the Growth Account Sales Team. They are able to work in a fast-growing company, and have experience in ad sales, ideally paid search marketing or performance advertising.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Deliver on individual/team sales and net margin targets
- Resurrect dormant accounts and forge new relationships while maintaining and deepening existing relationships with advertisers
- Expand active Growth Account Partnerships with a focus on growing high priority categories to increase auction depth and adoption of Instacart Ads Products
- Lead annual planning and budgeting process with brands to find, prioritize, and unlock new areas of growth
- Develop sales collateral, case studies, and custom 'stories' to translate the benefits of Instacart's platform to CPG advertisers
- Negotiate and manage master services agreements
- Partner with internal teams such as account management, analytics, product, and engineering to shape the future of our product monetization strategy
- Build a strong foundation for the team by working with Leadership to craft the team's mission, expectations, and priorities
- 4-6 years relevant selling experience
- Deep understanding of self-service and performance advertising products
- Comfortable selling new/novel/untested customer engagement tools into under-developed accounts
- Commercial/financial and data-based thinker
- Proven client relationship builder with strong executive presence
- Ability to thrive in uncertainty and dynamic, ever-changing environments
- Experience building account/engagement plans to drive new business
- High attention to detail with strong execution skills
- Familiarity with the tools of the trade (eg. Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Google Drive Suite, Salesforce)
- Experience with large data sets and ability to extract business insights from analysis (Experience in SQL, Tableau, Periscope preferred)
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. This role also includes a Sales Incentive Plan. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
OR, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, RI, VT, DC, PA, VA, CO, TX, IL, HI
All other states
CA, NY, CT, NJ
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Company name: Instacart
Remote job title: Sales Executive, Growth
Job tags: advertising, Customer Engagement, New Business
location or timezone
categorySales and Partnerships
yearly salary range$97,000 - 130,000
posted79 days ago