Sales Executive, Data Partnerships
Remote job description
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we're building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you're ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There's no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work - whether it's from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop - while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
About the Role
This data-partnership focused Agency Partnerships Sales Executive will work closely with cross functional colleagues including product, sales, operations, finance, and marketing to successfully launch and grow new strategies and partnerships that involve Instacart Transaction signals with agencies, brands and ad platforms. The Sales Executive will provide ongoing consultative business support to help stakeholders grow their businesses while assuring end client success and meeting revenue goals.
This individual will be responsible for coordinating with cross-functional internal partners to identify and have knowledge of current market ecosystem trends in order to develop, implement and support new business partnerships relating to data partnership. Work with partners such as Roku, The Trade Desk, LiveRamp, Magnite, Snowflake, Habu and Xandr.
About the Team
Instacart's Retail Powered Media Sales team is the newest and the first sales team at Instacart designed to partner with brands and agencies who want to use Instacart transaction signals off of the Instacart platform. We are developing and building this team from the ground up, and looking for deep knowledge and sales expertise in the marketing technology arena. The Retail Powered Media sale team thrives in a collaborative, cross-functional and fast-paced environment, working through ambiguity to deliver results on behalf of Agency and brand CPG partners.
About the Job
- Develop, support and maintain relationships with platform vendors such as Roku, Meta, Pinterest and Google
- Experience selling internally and cross functionally, supporting product growth and development. .
- Knowledge with LiveRamp Connect platform and data movement/usage in marketing ecosystem infrastructure.
- Familiarity with clean room and data cloud storage and query ecosystem partners like Habu, Samooha, Snowflake, and SQL language.
- Identify and research potential partners
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Instacart product teams.
- Coordinate with the Internal Instacart branded sales teams to develop mutually beneficial commercials/proposals.
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate with stakeholders
- Monitor project teams to ensure contracts are signed and agreed
- Gather useful information from customer and competitor data
- Subject matter expert making and giving presentations to prospective brand and agency clients
- Create and implement processes and policies to support each initiative
- Track and report on KPI's/status of partnership
- Drive go to market strategy
- Meet or exceed revenue goals.
- 6+ year of digital advertising sales or business development experience
- 3+ years of experience in programmatic and data/identity (required)
- 2+ years of experience in retail/ecommerce media (required)
- Strong ability to partner with Product and Business Development teams (required)
- Extensive project management experience (required)
- Ability to work with legal teams to close complex contracts (required)
- Client presence and persuasiveness
- Metrics orientation - can get up to speed on metrics quickly
- Client service orientation - fast follow ups, general sense of urgency
- Great storyteller when building presentation material
- Must be open to travel
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. This role also includes a Sales Incentive Plan. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
OR, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, RI, VT, DC, PA, VA, CO, TX, IL, HI
All other states
CA, NY, CT, NJ
Company name: Instacart
Remote job title: Sales Executive, Data Partnerships
Job tags: Strategic Partnerships, business development, Advertising Sales