Sales Director, eCommerce
Remote job description
Scale is seeking an experienced Regional Sales Director, eCommerce to lead growth and impact from Scales products. Scale is an AI infrastructure platform that empowers machine learning developers and organizations to build the world's most ambitious AI solutions. As part of the leadership team in GTM, you will oversee a customer segment, drive pipeline, and close deals within this customer segment.
- Own Scale's execution for driving impact through customer growth and success.
- In this highly visible role, you will own business plans and drive impact from one of our highest growth segments within Scale.
- Ideally, you also have experience selling both to a business and technical audience
- Demonstrated success by achieving quota on a consistent basis
- Ability to drive the sales process from internal leads to qualifying new prospects and managing deals to closure
- Passionate about what you do and you are able to think outside of the box
- Forecast opportunities, drive accountability cross functionally, and most importantly CLOSE DEALS!
- Strong sales process skills, you are not afraid of entering details into Salesforce; building dashboards for yourself to manage your team and focusing individuals to capture opportunity data to properly report against.
Ideally you'd have:
- Impact led business growth: Expertise in selling to digital first companies and can use and adopt technologies to build a better world
- Experience defining requirements and building strategies to effectively scale revenue through early product development, and leading teams focused on impact as well as revenue
- Comfortable in ambiguous environments: You are going to be working on selling products very early in development, iterating on those sales models, and closing marquee customers for our new products
- 8+ years Enterprise Sales experience with at least 2+ years of Solution Sales experience
- Track record of personally selling and closing complex solutions to enterprise and software companies
- Experience working with eCommerce or Retail accounts or relevant domain experience is a plus
- Expertise in technology sales, distribution, and adoption of complex business models. Scale isn't a "revenue per seat" sales model. We focus on developer / API focussed technologies, or consumption based technology
- Selling to machine learning and data science teams. Having this experience is a plus, but not required. At Scale, customer relationships are dependent on technical performance
- Proven track record of successfully building and expanding customer relationships to new departments and c-suite. Experience with taking a deal from Pilot >> Production including end-end stakeholder management (both internal and external)
- Working cross functionally with Executive Leadership, Product, Marketing, Legal, Finance, Operations, and Compliance to ensure customer success
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong consultative relationships with external partners and internal cross-functional teams at all levels
- Experience with creating, developing, and communicating executive level materials
- Quantifying business needs and developing metrics
- Proven track record of delivering performance against goals consistently and predictably
- This role will be part of the sales team of Scale, led by our SVP who is directly reporting to the company's CEO. You will be a part of a high-growth sales team defining the future of AI infrastructure for customers
It should be noted that is an opportunity to have impact not just on revenue, but cross functionally within Scale. As we are a new company and building these functions for the first time, it is an opportunity to leave your legacy on an already high growth company.
This position is available in a U.S.-based Scale hub office (examples: San Francisco, Denver, New York) or remote in the U.S. within 3-hours of Pacific Time. We will work from home during the current pandemic measures. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers' experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, Meta, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We've recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Company name: Scale
Remote job title: Sales Director, eCommerce
Job tags: api, software