Sales Development Representative
Remote job description
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we're building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you're ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There's no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work - whether it's from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop - while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will play a vital role in managing and growing the Scaled Cohort at Instacart. This position is responsible for increasing the active advertiser rate and driving incremental revenue growth. As an SDR, you will be the main point of contact for brands within your assigned book of business, owning all aspects of the advertising relationship.
About the Job:
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with advertisers, managing all aspects of the sales cycle.
- Conducting a high volume of daily activities, including outbound calls, emails, and social selling in a fast-paced transactional environment.
- Creating sales collateral, case studies, and custom 'stories' to effectively communicate the benefits of Instacart's platform to CPG advertisers.
- Meeting and exceeding key performance indicators (KPIs), such as retention rate, revenue generated, and live advertiser percentage.
- Utilizing SFDC/Sales engagement tools to prioritize leads and engage brands through the use of cadences and dialing.
- Ensuring accurate contact mapping within the book of business and tracking contact movement updates.
- Engaging active advertisers within your book to drive increased investments, leveraging your industry expertise and knowledge of the brands' businesses.
- Identifying opportunities to standardize materials and processes to provide high-quality support at scale.
- Delivering an excellent customer experience through strong project management skills, anticipating and resolving bottlenecks, managing multiple schedules, and maintaining a high standard of execution.
- Collaborating with product teams to prioritize product improvements that assist in scaling ad products for small to medium-sized businesses.
- Previous experience in a sales or business development role, preferably in the advertising industry.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to build rapport and establish lasting relationships.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets and KPIs.
- Familiarity with CRM software (e.g., Salesforce) and sales engagement tools.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and quality.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong advertising industry knowledge and understanding of CPG advertising is a plus.
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. This role also includes a Sales Incentive Plan. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.CA, NY, CT, NJ
OR, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, RI, VT, DC, PA, VA, CO, TX, IL, HI
All other states
Company name: Instacart
Remote job title: Sales Development Representative
Job tags: SDR, KPI Dashboards, advertising