Sales Development Representative
Remote job description
Founded in 2017, Coalition combines cybersecurity and insurance to help organizations prevent digital risk before it strikes. Coalition's Active Insurance policies combine traditional coverage with a digital risk assessment and monitoring technology to help small and medium-sized businesses protect themselves in today's hyper-connected world.
The team at Coalition is made up of cybersecurity and technology experts, as well insurance industry veterans. Our secret sauce is bringing this expertise together to create a world-class organization with a massive technological advantage. Coalition is also backed by leading global insurers like Allianz, Arch Insurance, Lloyd's of London, Swiss Re and Zurich North America. Today, Coalition is one of the world's largest commercial insurtech serving over 160,000 customers.
In June 2022, Coalition closed an additional $250 million in Series F Funding to accelerate its rapid growth at a time when many other companies struggled to find funding. This latest funding validated that Coalition is building a long-term business that can deliver profitable growth with a clear strategic advantage.
Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by helping organizations of all sizes solve real-world problems and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.'s Best Workplaces of 2021 and one of Fast Company's most innovative companies for 2022.
About The Role
Sales Development at Coalition is about creating and maintaining relationships with our brokerage partners and customers. We are looking for sales or customer success professionals in the Provo and Salt Lake City, Utah area to help us develop and empower the success of our partners by matching Coalition's greatest ideas and innovations with a broker's business goals.
- Generate appointments by means of proactive outbound prospecting and drive activity management in an effort to qualify and market our solutions to potential customers
- Work directly with marketing to discover opportunities from leads, and set appointments from those leads
- Use of strong selling and influencing experience to set up qualified appointments
- Leverage taught sales techniques to maximize customer interactions
- Log, track, and maintain outbound activity
- Work closely with Business Development and attend customer meetings as required
- 2+ years of experience in sales or customer success
- Strong in-person, phone, and written customer communication experience
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of workflow systems and their application to customer business process improvement
- Experience to make formal and informal presentations to staff and consumers
- Experience to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department or business goals
- Strong computer experience required; knowledge of CRM systems a plus
- Experience to manage time effectively, work proactively, and be self-motivated
- Prior track record of achievement in positions with significant accountability
- Interested in pursuing a career in technology
- Aptitude to thrive in a startup environment
- Proactive thinker with high energy/positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship management experience
- Familiarity with Cyber Liability and Technology E&O (errors & omissions) insurance
- Existing relationships with potential broker partners
- Technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- Coalition's individual pay is determined on several factors, including but not limited to, location, level, skills and experience. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $69,000 - $80,000 plus commission, and your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process.
We're a highly fulfilling, mission-driven team who is committed to building a more diverse and inclusive culture. We want to work with people of all different backgrounds and paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and put in the work, no matter how small the task. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join #OurCoalition and help us on our mission to solve digital risk.
Recent press releases:
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company's Annual List of of the World's Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses
For CA residents, please view important privacy information here. For EU residents, you can view GDPR information here. For any questions regarding CCPA or GDPR, please contact us at email@example.com.
Company name: Coalition
Remote job title: Sales Development Representative