People Business Partner Sales
Remote job description
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That's the power of data in motion in action-giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we're building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We're looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent's enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow-whether you're just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you'll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
As a People Business Partner (PBP) partnering with Sales and SDR leaders, you will be key in the development and delivery of our People initiatives. These initiatives will build and globally scale an inclusive, world class, destination company and culture. With past experience working in fast-paced tech companies, the ideal candidate has knowledge and proven success leveraging People policies & procedures to deploy exceptional manager coaching and organizational development initiatives to enable the business.
The Sales and SDR functions sit within the global field ops organization. These groups are dynamic and swift, and this role will require an agile People professional who adapts quickly to fluid environments, thrives in ambiguity, builds strong relationships, and has the confidence to guide the organization through scale and growth.
What You Will Do:
- Guide and partner with leaders across the sales organization providing guidance and consultation on people matters and deploying talent strategies that advance priorities and drive engagement.
- Support full-scale People programs and processes for client groups, including diversity, equity & inclusion, performance management, compensation program administration, talent management, workforce planning, talent & leadership development, employee engagement & retention, and org culture.
- Serve as a solution provider to employees and managers
- Collaborate with team members across the people team, including People Business Partners, compensation, recruiting, learning & development, benefits, and mobility, to help design and implement people programs and initiatives, which attract, develop, retain, and engage industry-leading talent
- Develop trusting, value-add, credible relationships with business leaders, employees, and stakeholders
- Act as a cultural steward to scale the Confluent culture as we grow our teams and locations.
What You Will Bring:
- Strong People Business Partner experience; including partnering with senior leaders
- Analyze data to ascertain key insights that anchor and inform people strategies to advance business objectives, and deliver high-impact, relevant solutions
- Experience guiding and influencing change management and problem solve strategically
- Approaches challenges with flexibility, innovation, and creativity
- A strong balance of IQ and EQ with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working within a multi-regional, fast-growing organization with progressive HR practices
- Strong partnership and collaboration perspective when working across the G&A team including Finance, Legal, Operations, People & Talent teams
- Approaches challenges strategically and thoughtfully
- Strong bias towards curiosity and creativity
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Company name: confluent
Remote job title: People Business Partner Sales
Job tags: open-source, big data, infrastructure