Head of Strategy and Partnerships
Remote job description
The healthcare system of the future won't ride on the technology rails of the past. Our industry-leading point of care connection platform connects data to point of care EHR workflows, and we're driving a higher performing healthcare system together with some of the biggest and boldest organizations in the industry.
We're looking for a dynamic and proven healthcare technology and strategy leader to build and lead our new Strategy and Partnerships function. This leader will directly own and facilitate some of the most critical initiatives for our company, such as strategic subject matter expertise, pricing and ROI analyses, new product business development, channel partnership formation, strategic sales enablement, and product roadmap prioritization. This is a hands-on leadership role, meaning it will involve extensive direct individual contributions as well as building and leading a team.
This role will work directly with our executive leadership team as well as with our marketing, sales, accounts, and product leadership. This is a pivotal role at a pivotal moment in the growth of our platform and company. Some of the leading country's health plans, physician enablers, value based care vendors, and risk bearing physician organizations have already chosen Vim to power their point of care engagement strategies; your job is to help write the next chapter in our accelerating growth story.
At Vim, we use novel technology to seamlessly connect data, reduce burden, and drive performance at healthcare delivery's last mile: clinical and operational workflow at the point of care. Our products address critical cost, quality, and experience levers for care improvement and our differentiated technology enables dramatically faster, more flexible, and more powerful deployments for our payer, provider, and risk enabler partners. The result is direct clinical workflow connections for health plans and other risk bearing organizations, radically lower burden and better experience for providers, and measurably accelerated performance across value-based partnerships.
We put mission and culture at front and center of everything we do. We're a tribe of like-minded optimists and we pride ourselves on experimentation, intellectual diligence, and earnest hard work. We are all owner operators at Vim, meaning we're transparent, accountable, and relentlessly focused on results for our customers and our business.
We're looking for a transformational leader with a mix of hands on experience and a capacity for innovation in enterprise healthcare technology commercial and product strategy. Our recurring revenue has quadrupled in the last 12 months, and our pipeline for 2023 is extensive and growing rapidly. As we scale up and chart a course for the next chapter of our growth, we need a strategic leader to tackle the hardest commercial problems and to lead from the front as we both optimize our existing growth motions and establish new ones as our platform technology advances.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Build and maintain industry-leading, Vim relevant subject matter expertise on the operational, financial, and regulatory environments in which our product and customers work. Special initial emphasis will be on risk adjustment and outpatient quality performance.
- Lead business development and sales efforts on new, complex, and/or strategic deal types such as new products and channel partnership development.
- Lead continued evolution of our pricing and ROI models.
- Apply strategic expertise in supporting marketing, sales, and accounts in acquiring new customers and expanding existing accounts. This would include in-depth internal advisory work and significant market-facing activities.
- Join certain sales and account growth discussions to apply in-depth product and industry knowledge to help advance new and existing customer partnerships.
- Help to define and communicate the strategic direction and narrative of our platform both to internal teams and to external audiences.
- Support activities with our Advisory Board and other national expert advisors.
- Build and lead a team of strategic experts to assist in carrying out the above duties.
Ideal candidates look like this
- Proven commercial strategy leader: you'll bring skills and expertise developed in other high growth healthcare software environments.
- Deeply analytical thinker: many of our toughest issues will be in your purview; you'll need high intellect and an analytical approach to develop successful solutions.
- High EQ: you're a phenomenal communicator, generally a people person, and you thrive in a fast-paced team environment with high performance standards.
- Hands on: you balance strategy expertise with a bias towards and track record of execution. You can figure the hard things out, explain them to others, and put a plan in place to execute.
- High octane internal motor: you've got something to prove, and you're attracted to the hard stuff; you push on when others would stop.
- Product and detail oriented: you're able to understand and provide first line explanations of relatively complex technical products at the commercial level.
- Flexible perspective: you can see the big picture while staying detail-oriented; you can zoom in and out with ease.
- Driven by a 'why': personally dedicated to improving US healthcare and to making your personal mark on this critical problem; it's not going to be easy, so you'll need a personal commitment to the mission and to your own purpose.
- 10+ years or equivalent experience in strategic growth, consulting, or commercial roles for value-based care technology or services, payer-provider partnership optimization, or hands-on transformational leadership at a health plan, provider organization, risk enabler, or other healthcare enterprise.
- 5+ years or equivalent experience in leading or facilitating strategic initiatives related to healthcare software at large enterprises - specifically health plans, non-hospital provider organizations, risk bearing entities, or other enterprise ecosystem participants.
- 3+ years or equivalent experience managing high performing teams, ideally in roles that interface directly with executive teams.
- 2+ years experience in growth-stage, technology-based, or new entrant healthcare businesses.
- Close familiarity with and expertise in SaaS commercial arrangements for enterprise size healthcare customers.
- Specific depth of knowledge on value-based care, payment and care model innovation, payer-provider partnership optimization, and the evolving new entrant and legacy landscape in tech-enabled healthcare delivery and payment models.
Some more about us
Our US team is currently hybrid remote, with an office in New York City. The majority of our R+D team is located in Tel Aviv, Israel, meaning our culture is an international one and we collaborate closely across time zones. Our incredible customers and investors include UnitedHealthcare, Optum, Anthem, Cigna, GuideWell, Aledade, Privia, Walgreens, Sequoia, Great Point, and Frist Cressey.
Vim is a place where team members thrive and grow. We're a progressive and inclusive meritocracy. Bring your unique background and experience, and join us in the journey.
By inputting your information and clicking "Submit Application", you acknowledge that you have read and agree to Vim's Candidate Privacy Notice.
Vim provides a reasonable range of compensation. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific location. The starting range of pay for this role is - $200,000 - $230,000 base salary. Additional compensation includes equity. Benefits include flexible time off, health care, dental, vision and life insurance + voluntary coverage options, 401k, remote, hybrid, flexible work environments, employee assistance program, learning & development opportunities, laptop & tech setups.
Company name: Vim
Remote job title: Head of Strategy and Partnerships
Job tags: Strategic Partnerships, Software as a Service
location or timezone
categorySales and Partnerships
yearly salary range$200,000 - 230,000
posted9 days ago