Director, Solutions Architecture
Remote job description
Iterable is the customer activation platform that helps brands deliver joyful experiences with harmonized, individualized, and dynamic communications at scale-Iterable is built for marketers, trusted by engineers, and designed with intelligence. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter's early success. We've surpassed $100M in ARR and have raised more than $340M from top-tier investors like Index Ventures, Viking, and CRV, and hundreds of companies like Zillow, SeatGeek, and Box rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.
Developed for the enterprise, Iterable is built from modern technologies that transform cloud, partner and tool-specific data into integrated, personalized engagements. No matter the audience size or degree of campaign sophistication, Iterable empowers brands to implement where it matters most-creating experiences and promoting connections with over 2 billion people world-wide. Leading brands, like Zillow, DoorDash, Calm, Madison Reed, and Box, choose Iterable to power excellent customer experiences throughout the entire lifecycle.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past four years, one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado for the past two years, and were named as one of Colorado's Best Paying Companies! We've also been listed on Wealthfront's Career Launching Companies List for the past two years, rank sixth on the list of Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work and hold a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100.
We have a global presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, Denver, and London, and remote employees located all over the world. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values - Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, and Humility. To understand the Iterable story, and learn more about our mission, explore our Culture and About Us page.
How you will make a difference:
The Director, Solutions Architecture will provide ongoing coaching and management to two SA Managers, leading a growing and highly respected team of Solution Architects (SA). This is a management position for the SA team, which is a team dedicated to reducing friction and bridging the gap between non-technical stakeholders and their technical vision.
In order to bridge that gap, as the leader of a technically capable team you will partner with members of the Customer Success team to advise our customers on architecture and technology decisions; with Product and Engineering, having a direct influence on our product roadmap; with our Sales teams by providing expert technical guidance; and Marketing to create messaging that conveys the technical capabilities of Iterable.
As part of the engagements, you'll be responsible for managing the team who answers all functional and technical questions pertaining to the Iterable platform including our mobile offering, Iterable technology partner offering, as well as consulting on general Martech technology topics.
One of our core values is a growth mindset and Iterable is a company where everyone can grow. If this is a role that excites you, please apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond a job description.
You'll get to:
- Serve as the leader of our Solutions Architecture team, overseeing two managers and 10-plus Solution Architects who serve as our platform and technology experts
- Guide hiring, onboarding, and mentoring of the team
- Meet with our largest, most strategic customer to discuss their objectives and how Iterable will help them achieve success
- Focus on the growth of our existing team members to help everyone hit their long term career objectives
- Partner with Customer Success leaders to strategize towards hitting customer growth and retention goals
- Contribute to vision and strategy across the CS team
- Develop strong working relationships across internal functions (sales, professional services, alliances, customer success, operations, product, marketing, etc.)
- Build consultative relationships with prospects, customers, and Iterable's partner network
- Contribute to product development by providing insight and feedback relative to customers' critical business issues and solutions opportunities
- We are looking for people who have:
- Multiple experiences in being the technical and architectural expert for a sophisticated SaaS software
- Experience working across pre and post sales technical teams
- Experience leading teams across regions and remotely. Big plus if experience building out teams outside of North America
- Experience managing customer-focused organizations (ideally a solutions consulting/solutions architect/success engineering team)
- Experience with SaaS and/or MarTech/data analytics industry
- Strong experience working with API design, AWS/EC2/S3/Lambda, ETL, Mobile SDK (iOS/Android), HTML/CSS & Databases highly desired
- Previous blend of experience in sales, business development, and/or services delivery is highly desirable
- Demonstrated expertise in understanding customer requirements and proposing solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication, with the ability to persuasively articulate Iterable offerings and business value to customers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial "start-up" environment, requiring strong skills in critical thinking, influencing, and managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Travel to Iterable offices or customers may be required
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Great compensation packages, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
We're rethinking traditional workplace planning and looking to strengthen belonging, innovation, productivity, and happiness whether it's in an office, from home, or a hybrid of the two. As such, we've moved to a single geographical compensation band for all of our employees (the San Francisco Bay Area market for the US, London for the UK).
The minimum salary for this position is $173,250/year. The compensation package includes equity, plus a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits. Additionally, perks such as daily paid lunches and generous stipends for health & fitness and learning & development, among others, are included.
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Company name: Iterable
Remote job title: Director, Solutions Architecture