Account Executive, Mid-Market
Remote job description
Pilot is building a first-of-its-kind, software-centric solution to tackle the financial back office (bookkeeping, tax, CFO, etc.) so that founders and business owners don't have to. As an Account Executive, you'll join a small but growing team doing full-cycle sales in the tech startup and e-commerce spaces.
We are seeking individuals who have previously worked in public accounting (think audit and advisory roles at one of the Big 4) and are motivated to leverage their accounting chops in a customer facing role. You bring a consultative approach to every prospect interaction, and your ability to leverage your accounting background enables you to bring additional value and credibility into your sales conversations.
- Achieve and consistently exceed sales goals by closing new business
- Present and demonstrate the value of Pilot's products and services to prospective buyers on both inbound and outbound sales efforts
- Deeply understand and own the information regarding Pilot's financial service offerings
- Full-cycle sales with responsibility for building and maintaining a pipeline of prospective customers
- Work cross-functionally with our marketing, product, and finance teams-echoing the voice of the customer and providing constructive and actionable feedback to the team
- 3+ years of public accounting experience either in Audit or Advisory
- Previous public accounting/audit experience is required for this role
- CPA is highly desired
- Senior In-charge or engagement lead experience preferred
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized and detailed with an eye towards process
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion - Meet Fintech's Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees' development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Modern Health, Headscape, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents - 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Pilot commits to provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, as well as equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. You may view all of Pilot's recruiting notices here, including our EEO policy, recruitment agency policy, recruitment scam notice, and important E-Verify information.
Company name: Pilot
Remote job title: Account Executive, Mid-Market
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, software