Remote job description
Spotify is looking for a Sales Executive to join our Music Promotion team with a market focus on the United States and Canada. We are seeking an industry leader with deep knowledge of how and when music promotion tools are effective. We want someone who knows how best to collaborate with music labels, agencies, distributors, management companies, and artists. You should be confident while staying humble, work hard, and know how to have fun. Above all, your work will impact the ways in which creators release their music and develop their fan base. Come join our band!
Los Angeles or Remote Americas
What You'll Do:
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with our key contacts in the US and Canada, allowing us to better understand their businesses and position Spotify as an invaluable partner promoting new releases and artist catalogues
- Sell native ad and catalogue promotion solutions to increase streams, saves, followers, listeners, and fans for music promoters
- Collaborate closely with the account management team to ensure accurate setup, trafficking, delivery, and reporting of campaigns
- Partner with R&D, Commercial Solutions, Product Marketing, Sales Operations, and Artist & Label Marketing teams to maximise revenue for Spotify and our partners
- Meet and exceed individual revenue quotas and team gross profit goals
- Contribute to weekly and monthly sales meetings as required
- Represent Spotify at both in-person and digital events and serve as an ambassador for the Spotify brand
- Log promotion orders and customer engagement using Salesforce.com
- Work from Anywhere: from our office in Los Angeles, at another west coast office, or remotely.
Who You Are:
- You have 6+ years of sales and/or music promotion experience at a label, distributor, aggregator, management company, or agency
- You know how new music is released and how sophisticated catalogue programs are crafted and executed
- You have relationships with marketing and promotion leads at both the major and indie labels in your market; bonus points if you have connections at distributors or major talent management companies
- You have excellent communication skills and are a star networker with the confidence to build relationships at all levels, from C-level to junior.
- You have strong negotiation skills and give compelling presentations to close the deal
- You have experience building a pipeline and proven track record of exceeding goals
- You are an industrious problem solver who is able to interpret data thoughtfully to make decisions
- You understand the power of clean data and use the CRM to manage your deal flow, client communications, and your performance to goal
- You have a deep understanding of music ecosystem and its various players
- You are a great teammate, smart, adapt well with change, and have a relentlessly positive attitude
- You are able to work in a fast-paced environment and across external and internal teams to deliver creative solutions for our customers
Please apply to this role with a CV or resume in English
Our global benefits
- Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
- Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
- Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
- All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
- Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
- Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what's playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world's most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.Summary
Company name: Spotify
Remote job title: Sales Manager
Job tags: communication, negotiation, Salesforce.com, problem solver