Senior Risk Automation Engineer
Iterable is a cross-channel platform that powers unified customer experiences and empowers marketers to create, optimize and measure every interaction taking place throughout the customer journey. With Iterable, brands create individualized marketing touchpoints that earn engagement, solidify trust and galvanize loyal consumer-brand relationships.
Developed for the enterprise, Iterable is built from modern technologies that transform cloud, partner and tool-specific data into integrated, personalized engagements. No matter the audience size or degree of campaign sophistication, Iterable empowers brands to execute where it matters most—creating experiences and cultivating connections with over 2 billion people world-wide. Leading brands, like Zillow, DoorDash, Calm, Madison Reed, and Box, choose Iterable to power world-class customer experiences throughout the entire lifecycle.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past three years, one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado for the past two years, and were named as one of Colorado's Best Paying Companies. We've also been listed on Wealthfront's Career Launching Companies List for the past two years, rank sixth on the list of Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work and hold a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100.
We have a nationwide presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Denver, and London. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values - Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, and Humility. To understand the Iterable story, explore our Culture and About Us page.
About the role/team:
Risk Automation Engineers are detail-oriented and highly motivated team players who ultimately drive positive change in our company's risk posture. This critical role ensures that known risks are evaluated and addressed in a timely manner. They partner with stakeholders to achieve the common goal of preventing cybersecurity breaches. You'll report directly to the Senior Manager, Technical Risk.
In this role, you'll learn and apply a broad range of skills as well as collaborate with a highly-experienced management team dedicated to ensuring Iterable's success and your personal and career growth.
We're looking to expand our small but growing organization with teammates who are intellectually curious, willing to embrace challenges, all while keeping our company values of Humility, Trust, Growth Mindset, and Balance top of mind. One of our core values is growth mindset and Iterable is a company where everyone can grow. If this is a role that excites you, please apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond a job description.
In this role you'll get to:
- Architect and implement innovative and effective security orchestration and automation to drive measured risk reduction
- Build a framework for in-depth data analysis from the full range of security and risk analysis tools
- Drive excellence within the Technical Risk program by building operational automation capabilities
- Create processes and automation using APIs for new and existing infrastructure and security tools
- Lead the initiative to centralize all infosec risk information into a central data repository
- Partner with IT and Product stakeholders to deploy secure cloud and container templates and frameworks
- Support efforts of the Infosec and Product teams to drive remediation of known vulnerabilities
- Conduct regular checkpoints with Engineering and Operations stakeholders to facilitate self-service capabilities
We are looking for people who have:
- Customer service focused mindset and Iterable's values: Growth Mindset, Trust, Humility and Balance
- Basic understanding of information security frameworks and standards
- Knowledge and experience working with infrastructure platforms (AWS, GCP, K8s, Docker, etc)
- Experience with secure configuration management processes (Cloud Config/Infra/Container - Salt, Harness, Terraform, Chef, etc)
- Working knowledge of vulnerability assessment fundamentals such as vulnerability exploitation, impact analysis, and mitigation strategies.
- Prior exposure and technical experience for understanding configuration and infrastructure vulnerabilities; especially in cloud environments.
- Industry-standard security certifications (CISSP, OSCP, Sec+, etc)
- Prior DevOps or Systems Administration experience
Perks and benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.Summary
Senior Risk Automation Engineer