Senior QA Engineer
Whitespectre is looking for aSr QA Engineerto work on Whitespectres own SaaS platform as well as exciting projects for our client partners. In this role, you'll work within a fast-moving cross-functional team of backend and frontend engineers, Product, and UI/UX to solve interesting technical challenges and create products that drive real business growth at scale
Whitespectre is a technology consultancy that develops high-performing platforms and applications for our client partners. We work with both high-growth start-ups and large established companies looking to launch new products. Founded in 2015, were a team of 70 smart and diverse architects, engineers, product managers, and designers from across the globe, working together remotely- and were growing!
What do we offer?
- A focussedadherenceto our agile/scrum processes (we really believe it helps to get good work done)
- An expectation that you understand the product, that you help Product Managers and Developers think through the implications of new features.
- A great working atmosphere where you can share and learn with other smart people
- The best-in-class toolsets: Slack, CI/CD with Docker etc
- Competitive rates
- A long-term working relationship: at least a year working on this project, then others.
- Work as part of a talented, globally distributed, successfulteam (working hours are 11am - 8pm Central European time)
What you'll be doing
- Manual frontend and API testing
- Writing automation tests
- A key member of the team in ensuring the quality of changes that we release to production.
- Good analytical skills and capacity to break down bigger testing projects/requirements into smaller blocks
- An strong understanding how to triage issues and respond based on their impact/urgency.
- Improve how we design the teams approach to the quality of the product.
- Work closely with the product team, stakeholders, and users from the preliminary planning work, understand the product well, from different perspectives, and have a holistic view of it.
- Plan and deliver new features.
- Build tools and libraries to simplify the development and improve the quality of the work.
Who you are:
- You are eager to dive into a product as early as possible to test new features.
- You have solid experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- You value quality and take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- You are self-organize and know how to deliver on time achieving great quality.
Good English verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Must have own equipment
This is a contract position with a long term outlook (12 months+full-time project) for the right candidate.
What do we offer?
- 100% Remote team:Work as part of a talented, globally distributed, successful team with over 8 years of remote experience.
- Interesting challenges:Weve done everything from scaling high-performance applications, building beautiful (but complex) user interfaces to low-level Bluetooth communication with hardware devices.
- Impact:Our delivery teams are fast-moving, highly collaborative, and own products end to end- your thinking and contribution make a big impact!
- Great environment:We provide a great working atmosphere where you can share and learn with other smart people.
- Career progression:We want you to grow with us and provide the opportunities, knowledge sharing, and mentorship to do that.
- The best-in-class toolsets:Slack, CI/CD with Docker etc
- Work-life balance:love your work, but know that it doesnt take over your life.
- Paid Meetups:Come meet with your colleagues in Barcelona or at a local meetup.
Please no recruiting agencies
Senior QA Engineer
Tags: Ruby on Rails, Quality Assurance