Senior QA Engineer
Remote job description
Something about us...
App Annie is the industry's most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry's most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,200 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. We are headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What you will tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
"My team is focused entirely on bringing new products to market, and will be working on delivering an as-yet-unreleased paid product, helping to accelerate the growth of the company."
You will be responsible for and take pride in...
As a QA engineer working for App Annie, you will be a key contributor towards product innovation and quality. You will be part of a dedicated team being hired to build out a new product offering, with the ultimate goal of expanding App Annie's addressable market.
- Collaborate with Product owners and engineering leaders to understand both functional and non-functional requirements in order to build out test plans
- Develop a strategy to automate feature testing as part of the product life-cycle, and to define and implement the automated test cases required to guarantee the highest level of quality and performance
- Own both product and data quality from the initial feature design stage all the way to the finished product as a fully integrated member of the development team
- Tackle all the QA challenges of a multi-faceted complex system, from back-end database validation and troubleshooting to front-end functional testing
- Run ad-hoc tests, troubleshoot new issues, and identify defects.
- Drive continuous improvement of our QA processes on the team, provide feedback to product and development, and ensure that work is carried out in accordance with our processes, schedule and requirements
- You're smart and are able to prove it (e.g. you hold a degree in Computer Science or a related field)
- You're passionate about apps and analytics, obsessed with both finding and solving problems, and keenly focused on delivering high quality to customers/users.
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the projects you lead
You should recognize yourself in the following...
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience.
- At least 6 years of software testing or development experience, with a background in QA methodologies and thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience working on CI/CD and web based development tools (Gitlab, Jenkins, AWS)
- Knowledge on API testing methodology and its automation.
- Experience with data validation/quality. SQL skills with significant experiences (PostgreSQL, MySQL).
- Proficient in verbal and written English (finding the defect is only half the battle; you also need to be able to communicate how to reproduce it)
This is what we have to offer...
- We provide a $1,000 (country equivalent) WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids behind school-zoom, need to leave early to get to your band repetition or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
- Generous Employee Referral Bonus program. Up to $10,000 for specific roles.
Yes, I want this job!
Company name: App Annie
Remote job title: Senior QA Engineer
Job tags: Software Testing, Python, Jenkins