Senior Manager for Quality
Remote job description
We're the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward ?" and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We're supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We've been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we're just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Quality Team
We're a global team of quality assurance professionals out on a mission to drive the best experiences for our customers and professionals. Our mission is to accelerate Thumbtacks business performance and mitigate risk through evaluating interactions and reporting on user insights.
About the Role
As a part of the Quality team, you will have the opportunity to make an impact on improving the performance of our Sales teams. As a Sales Sr. QA Manager, you will be in charge of surfacing opportunities for improving our sales call quality and ensure we provide the best experience to our pros in our sales channels. You are expected to do deep dives into interaction data and recommend actions to improve our sales performance. You will be leading a team of quality analysts and empower them to ensure that they succeed in their roles.
- Manages output and performance of direct reports in the delivery of the audits.
- Ensures alignment and consistency in reporting and processes within the sales QA team.
- Uncovers insights on quality of interactions using quantitative and qualitative data from transaction monitoring in our sales channels.
- Partners closely ops teams to recommend interventions to improve quality scores over time.
- Recommends improvements to processes and policies based on insights from quality data to deliver more scalable support strategies.
- Engages team members with a positive working culture.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- At least 4 years of experience as a Quality professional in the BPO, shared services or similar industry with at least 2 years of experience as a QA manager.
- 2 years experience in a tele-sales setting.
- Experience using quality monitoring systems.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in written form.
- Proficient in using Google Suite (Sheets, Slides, Doc) or similar systems.
- Knowledge of basic quality tools, and/or Gauge R&R
- Excellent aptitude for research, navigation, and investigation, and the ability to publish reports using quality and analytics tools.
- Experience in implementing and designing QA frameworks and strategies is a major advantage.
- Certification and/or training process improvement methodologies such as Lean or Six Sigma is a plus.
- Experience with QMS and CMS platforms such as Five9, Gong, and Salesforce.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes ?" confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it's like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
*Currently, Thumbtackers can live anywhere in Ontario or British Columbia, Canada or the Philippines or in any of the following US states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, Washington DC. Our long term vision is to hire across all of the United States and Canada, but this expansion will take a few years.
Company name: Thumbtack
Remote job title: Senior Manager for Quality
Job tags: BPO, Shared Services, quality assurance