Remote job description
About the Role:
We are looking for a QA Engineer to work on our core iOS/Android apps, website, and back-end processes. If you have a knack for breaking things, love working with the latest and greatest technology and have a startup mentality with a curiosity to conquer the task at hand -- Papaya is interested in chatting with you. In this role as QA Engineer, your daily responsibilities will alternate between various manual and automation testing activities to support the team. Your input will be critical in making important product and technical decisions.
Teamwork, flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we'd love to hear from you!
What you'll be doing:
- Identify manual test cases for our applications that run on Android, iOS and web browser
- Work closely with product, development and design teams to better understand requirements, to ensure test coverage, and to support the weekly product releases
- Support automation efforts across existing and upcoming initiatives; including evaluating automation frameworks, designing and implementing scalable frameworks and tools, writing automation tests, and documenting issues discovered on a daily basis
- Design and execute end-to-end feature, smoke, and regression tests to validate system functionality
- Triage bugs and review feedback tickets from end users and employees
- Analyze test results and report defects in Jira bug tracking system
- Create and maintain documentation including test plans and internal documentation for tools and processes
We'd like to hear from candidates with:
- 4+ years of mobile testing experience with Android, iOS and web browser
- 2+ years of automation experience on web and mobile applications with frameworks such as Selenium, Appium, or Cypress
- Ability to lead projects and contribute as part of a team
- Eagerness to learn and solve complex problems
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, topics, and processes
Papaya is a modern fintech platform that simplifies bill payments for American families. Using computer vision and automation, our app makes paying your bills as simple as taking a picture.
We started in 2016 with the mission to alleviate financial stress. Finances are the number one source of stress for American families so the work we are doing is important and urgent.
We love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees - and it shows. We're proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA's Best Small Companies to Work for in 2020, 2021, and 2022! We are proud to have 4.8 stars and over 90k reviews on the App Store, and are backed by investors that include Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and First Round Capital.
In order to provide greater transparency, we have included base pay ranges for all of our US-based job postings. Our pay ranges are based on the role's level and responsibilities, and benchmarked against similar stage growth companies in the fintech industry. We utilize multiple factors including skills and work experience to determine the final offer amount given to each candidate. The base pay range for this position is: $95,000 - $115,000/year.
Company name: Papaya Pay
Remote job title: QA Engineer
Job tags: Selenium, Appium, Mobile Testing