Expert Quality Engineer
Remote job description
One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead gen form for a bathroom company's showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience, and realized it was one idea they wouldn't flush down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 400 people from more than 35 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We're building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale-because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
From online lead forms and engaging quizzes, to face-to-face encounters in the office, help us build more meaningful relationships, one conversation at a time.
About the team
Typeform is making data collection more conversational. And we're evolving like never before. But we're still young, and you'll get to shape the future of this company-beyond that, the industry.
We're looking for an Expert Quality Engineer to join our team of 35 different nationalities in Barcelona.
You'll join us in our transition from monolith to microservices architecture. As a high-growth organization, we need an architecture that scales in a big way-by at least 20x, to be exact.
Come help us scale, integrate Typeform with other platforms, and find the right solutions for the right problems. You'll help us pick up the pace when it comes to delivering great value to our users.
At Typeform we believe in quality teams that support and empower our development teams to bring software better and faster. Our Quality Engineers do not act as mere gatekeepers. They are there to raise the quality bar through measuring and coaching.
You will report to a QA Manager and as a member of the Quality team you will:
- Oversee a set of development teams, working tightly with developers, product managers, designers, data scientists.
- You will help teams spot strengths and weaknesses through metrics.
- You will mentor them in testing skills and techniques.
- Improve their processes and software development life cycle.
- Offer manual and automated testing support.
- Design and collaborate in company-wide projects with your Quality peers.
And as an Expert Quality Engineer you will:
- Be a technical model among your peers, raising the bar, mentoring and up-skilling them.
- Shape the Quality strategy of the company.
- Contribute to the hiring process and its definition.
We are looking for team mates that have plenty of experience with the following:
- You have experience of 5+ years delivering SaaS products through modern practices like CD, deploying to production multiple times per day.
- You are a great influence early on the feature lifecycle, with emphasis on prevention rather than detection.
- You have guided teams in best practices relying on metrics.
- Up-skilling their peers (specially developers) in a planned and result-oriented way.
- Automated testing like end-to-end, visual, API... Cypress, React and Go are our preferred tools.
- DevOps practices and CI.
- Multiple aspects of testing like accessibility, performance, security.
- You are comfortable picking up new stacks and choosing the right tool.
- You've got experience guiding a team through successful architectural or technical decisions.
- We're a remote first company so this job can be based in our office in Barcelona or as a remote role in Spain. We also recruit remotely in the Netherlands, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Estonia and the UK as long as you do not require visa sponsorship. You'll be made to feel at home from the first moment, thanks to our thoughtfully designed remote onboarding. You'll get a ?1,000 one-off payment to kit out your home office, plus ?120 per month to cover any extra expenses. Other benefits include flexible working hours, a learning and development budget and private health insurance.
Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customers, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We aim to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Company name: Typeform
Remote job title: Expert Quality Engineer
Job tags: saas / subscription, freemium, design, marketing services, software, websites