Trust & Safety Manager
Remote job description
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn't come with a manual. That's why we're building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes ?" knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry ?" we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We're seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we'll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Role
Trust and safety are at the foundation of everything we do to ensure a great user experience and our long-term growth. As a part of the Marketplace Trust & Safety Team, you will have the opportunity to work on some of Thumbtack's most interesting and challenging issues. You get to do this primarily by effectively managing and leading a team of frontline specialists who obsess over and take care of our trust and safety operations.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- People management:
- Coach and develop your team to effectively catch spam and fraud and surface new irregularities and trends in the platform
- Manage and mentor your team to develop to achieve their full potential
- Nurture a psychologically safe environment and a culture of proactively surfacing findings, giving suggestions, and speaking up ideas
- Foster high morale and camaraderie within the team.
- Manage potential conflicts and maintain strong teamwork and trust among members
- Operations management:
- Set team expectations and monitor specialist utilization, capacity, task volume, schedules, attendance, quality, and SLAs; coach when needed
- Monitor and report unusual product and fraud trends
- Identify and escalate bug reports to appropriate teams
- Provide constant support to specialists, handle escalations
- Lead a team of specialists to be the frontline in monitoring and acting on trust and safety issues on the platform
- Drive the team in achieving the desired service levels (SLs) and hitting the performance metrics
- Manage the day-to-day operations:
- Stakeholder management:
- Build and maintain stakeholder relationships cross-functionally and cross-locationally
- Work with the partners from North America teams to implement and improve policies and processes.
- Ensure calibration sessions are setup with the US partners for the tasks assigned to you
- Present weekly MTS ops metrics and provide operational and business insights
- Work collaboratively with TPH cross-functional teams
- Write, manage, improve and update tasks guidelines and SOPs
- Complete specialist scorecards and provide regular feedback
- Ensure timekeeping details of your team are accurate and updated
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in the BPO, shared services, or similar industry, 3 years of which have been spent on a leadership capacity/level
- Strong background in the following:
- Working in a Trust & Safety, Content Moderation, Fraud and/or Risk Management role, Payment Fraud Detection/Prevention
- Working on operations or projects which involve supporting and resolving issues in online communities, ecommerce or online marketplaces, and/or consumer app product
- Willingness to work during day, mid or graveyard shift and rotating rest days
- Experience in project management
- Background and/or training in process improvement methodologies such as Lean or Six Sigma
- Background and/or training in COPC
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
#LI-RemoteBenefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and internet
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Cell Phone Reimbursement, Thumbtack services (North America only)
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact email@example.com.
*Currently, Thumbtackers can live anywhere in Ontario or British Columbia, Canada or the Philippines or in any of the following US states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, Washington DC. Our long term vision is to hire across all of the United States and Canada, but this expansion will take a few years.
Company name: Thumbtack
Remote job title: Trust & Safety Manager
Job tags: Valuation, marketplace, Trust and Safety