Technical Program Manager Availability
Remote job description
ClickHouse: We are the company behind the popular open-source, high performance columnar OLAP database management system for real-time analytics. ClickHouse works 100-1000x faster than traditional approaches. By offering a true column-based DBMS, it allows for systems to generate reports from petabytes of raw data with sub-second latencies. With an amazing community already adopting our open-source technology, we are now embracing our journey in delivering Cloud first solutions to delight our customers.
With top adopters such as Uber, Cisco, and eBay - not only do our products work at lightning speed, so do we.
We are an open and collaborative company. Our colleagues are curious, engaged and excited about what they do. If you want to work in an environment where you can be an agent of change and have your voice heard- then read on.
About the team
We are focused on building a serverless ClickHouse Cloud offering that will meet the availability and reliability requirements of even the most demanding mission-critical workloads. This team is responsible for partnering with leadership to drive transformation that results in greater organizational effectiveness and efficiency. Our ideal candidate will be able to undertake the challenges of sophisticated technical needs while thinking broadly and strategically in aligning with the larger objectives of the business. We are looking for a technical manager passionate about all aspects of making a SaaS offering as highly available as possible. You will be part of a dynamic, entrepreneurial team responsible for accelerating and simplifying customer, partner, and employee experiences across various channels.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with SREs and broader engineering team to define and measure reliability and availability metrics: Service Level Indicators and internal Service Level Objectives.
- Provide advisory to customers and partners; advise on technical best practices.
- Collaborate with the legal team to translate these metrics into customer-facing Service Level Agreements.
- Work with support and go-to-market teams to efficiently communicate with customers around our service availability.
- Establish processes to make sure that maintaining high availability standards is always accounted for throughout the whole release lifecycle.
What you bring along:
- Deep experience in software engineering, building and running multi-tenant cloud services, preferably in areas of large-scale data analytics, data warehousing, and data streaming.
- Availability champion, obsessing over keeping the availability bar high without sacrificing development velocity.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
- Experience working closely with SRE teams, preferably that run storage and computing services around petabytes or more of data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Bonus Points for:
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a track record for delivering results in fast-moving environments.
- Experience effectively working remotely in a global, distributed organization.
- Previous contributions to open source projects.
- Flexible work environment - ClickHouse is a distributed company offering both office based and remote work options (your choice!). We do not check when you log in or out. You are the owner of your calendar because work-life balance is important to us.
- Employer contributions towards your healthcare.
- Equity - Any new team member who joins our company is eligible to receive stock options.
- Our competitive time-off policy complies with all local country laws at a minimum of given time off + all paid bank holidays.
- Home office setup allowance for our remote employees.
ClickHouse, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Company name: ClickHouse, Inc.
Remote job title: Technical Program Manager Availability