Senior Technical Program Manager, Infrastructure Engineering
Remote job description
At Squarespace, we empower people with creative ideas to succeed. That means delivering beautiful software products to our customers. Technical Program Managers (TPMs) contribute to that mission by making shipping products easier and more predictable.
We are looking for a TPM to partner with our Infrastructure Engineering organization to help manage and deliver projects that span both Infrastructure and the wider Engineering organization. The Infrastructure Engineering teams ensure that customers around the world can access Squarespace sites quickly and reliably, working with the product teams to maintain the reliability of our system, using a fleet of microservices, Kubernetes operators, our hybrid data centers, and an industry-leading resource efficiency to achieve outstanding results.
As an Infrastructure TPM, you will work with teams within and outside of Infrastructure to implement changes that make Squarespace more reliable, scalable, and secure. You will help the Infrastructure organization plan, track, and deliver large-scale, cross-org projects in a timely manner. Example projects include:
Facilitate collaboration within Infrastructure to grow both our data centers and Cloud offerings
- Ensure partnership with Security teams to protect our product, infrastructure, and networks
- Improve infrastructure services to increase the speed, consistency and quality of deploying code to production environments.
- This role is for an individual contributor and reports to the Infrastructure & Security TPM Manager.
You'll Get To...
- Lead delivery of cross-functional projects
- Partner with engineers, team leads, managers, and other team members across the company to scope, plan, track, and deliver high-priority Infrastructure projects
- Track and reduce impediments to teams' delivery success (e.g. risks, blockers, dependencies) through relentless follow-through and accomplished communication.
- Be the point of contact for project communication regarding status, schedule, and scope updates, and progress towards target outcomes (i.e. key results)
- Help teams improve planning and delivery processes of technical projects
Who We're Looking For
- 3+ years of experience delivering cross-functional projects of increasing complexity and scale
- Experience with scalable infrastructure and technical architecture at previous companies, picking up technical concepts quickly, and building strong relationships across engineering
- Independent thinking combined with the ability to react quickly, troubleshoot, challenge ideas, and work autonomously, utilizing clear and effective communication
- Expertise in project management tools, such as Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence), as well as GSuite
- Commitment to promoting a culture of inclusion, collaboration, and trust
- In your first three months, you will
- Get to know Infrastructure teams and technology through 1:1s, attending meetings and councils, and reading technical documentation
- Begin managing one to two cross-org Infrastructure projects, escalating blockers and risks to project delivery
- Establish a pace for project updates and communication with your project team and partners
- Understand interaction points between Infrastructure teams and other teams in the Squarespace Engineering organization
- Build a comfortable relationship with leadership members of your teams
- Begin drafting your career development plan with your manager
- Begin contributing to Squarespace culture in ways meaningful to you, e.g. Employee Resource Groups, planning or attending team events, joining Game Night, etc.
- Working as a TPM at Squarespace
TPMs at Squarespace make shipping products easier and more predictable by driving for transparency and clear communication, working collaboratively, being radically candid, and leaving our ego at the door. We treat processes and tools not as an end, but as the means to reach business goals and empower our customers. We lift each other up and provide equal opportunities for growth.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people - from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses - to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles, and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you to our friends at Awaken for inspiring the structure of this job description.
Company name: Squarespace
Remote job title: Senior Technical Program Manager, Infrastructure Engineering
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, smb, soho, websites