Senior Technical Program Manager Ads
Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
At Reddit, Technical Program Managers use technical judgment to define and drive large programs across multiple engineering teams. They are a welcome partner to engineering leaders in project discussions impacting planning and execution. They engage with engineering staff in determining root causes, identifying and selecting from alternative solutions, and use their technical expertise to understand the effects, impacts, and risks of a solution. They build execution processes and reduce inefficiencies.
We are looking for an Ads-focused Senior Technical Program Manager to join our Tech PMO (Technical Program Management Office). In this role, you'll own and drive technical programs in the Ads Monetization engineering space, many of which will require you to work cross-functionally across multiple engineering teams at Reddit. You'll partner with engineering leaders across the company to evaluate prioritization, tradeoffs and risks related to the programs you own.
If you're looking to positively and directly impact an already awesome company culture, along with evangelizing the TPM function at Reddit, we'd like to hear from you!
Key Focus Areas and Responsibilities:
High-quality technical program management is a distinct and high-value skillset, and while the roles generally don't involve direct management, they are a part of the organizational leadership. In this role, you will:
- Get Things Done. More than just displaying activity, counting sprint points, or delivering regular updates. You actually bring projects to completion, deliver real accomplishments for the business, and help your teams understand the difference.
- Dive into Details. You understand the details of their projects and help guide them with and in active partnership with their teams. You don't just stay in the stratosphere or in an abstract process. You have the technical judgment to act as a partner with your teams in planning and decision-making.
- Make Work Repeatable. You create and improve processes that smooth the path for others and prevent and remove recurring organizational toil (and the lower quality bar that often allows). You reuse processes developed elsewhere, and aid in the adoption of standards where relevant.
- Mentor & Lead. You are good at, and enjoy, informally aiding others in developing key organizational and project skills. You're a leader within your projects and support people in the process.
- Bring Order out of Chaos. You are known for leaving a program and the teams you support in a position of stronger organization than where they started, and those teams continue to succeed even when you are no longer specifically engaged in the project.
What We Can Expect From You:
- 6+ years of collective experience in engineering and program management roles
- Previous experience working with digital ads platforms and monetization programs
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- A team player mentality with the ability to work collaboratively across all levels of the organization
- Proactive and curious by nature. You are creative and enjoy taking unique approaches to solve problems
- Pragmatic; you take an iterative approach to developing processes and systems
- Technical depth and judgment
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.The base pay range for this position is:
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Senior Technical Program Manager Ads
Job tags: program management, advertising, Online Advertising