Senior Program Manager, Business Operations
Remote job description
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn't come with a manual. That's why we're building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes ?" knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry ?" we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We're seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we'll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Business Operations Program Management Team
The Business Operations Program Management Team is a highly visible team that works closely with senior leaders across the organization with the goal of up-leveling organizational effectiveness in a hyper-growth organization. Our Business Operations Program Managers combine a creative, human-centered approach to designing processes, experiences and solutions with a dedication to consistent, effective, and attention-focused execution. Centralized under the Chief of Staff, Business Operations Program Managers are embedded within functional leadership teams in order to drive strategic initiatives, growth and business operations.
About the Role
The Senior Business Operations Program Manager embedded within the Engineering, Product, Analytics and Design (EPAD) teams will own initiatives and projects from ideation to execution and delivery, ensuring actionable and high-quality recommendations to their functional partners across EPAD. You must be able to balance vision with the execution of detailed plans to achieve our goals within and across teams. You'll also drive weekly, monthly, and quarterly business operations, increasing accountability and understanding of business levers and initiatives that drive growth. You must have a team first mentality with the ability to drive autonomously through ambiguity and taking responsibility for the results achieved.
- Partner closely with executive leadership across Engineering, Product, Analytics and Design teams (EPAD) to operationalize the EPAD strategy, bringing our vision to life
- Own all logistics, coordination, and facilitation for regular team meetings, documenting and presenting summaries of internal initiatives
- Predict roadblocks and obstacles and prioritize competing needs with sound reasoning and creative problem solving, while proactively raising issues for the leadership team before it becomes a problem
- Develop and track project plans, metrics of success, and communication plans for all initiatives
- Choose teamwork to collaborate effectively across departments including executives to execute initiatives and drive alignment across the business
- Define how to bring the future of work strategy alive for the EPAD team in building team cohesion, rituals, and connection
What you'll need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 8+ years of experience in a combination of strategy and operations roles in a fast-paced environment (business operations, start-ups, management consulting, or equivalent)
- Experience working with product teams and demonstrated experience in driving business case development / strategic recommendations from end-to-end
- Experience owning multiple cross-functional initiatives autonomously
- An incredible sounding board for others, with low ego, and ability to anticipate and be 2 steps ahead of our busy leaders and teams
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form; ability to work well with leadership and able to lead, facilitate, and influence across multiple levels and functions of an organization
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines. Learn more about our virtual-first working model here. #LI-RemoteBenefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company name: Thumbtack
Remote job title: Senior Program Manager, Business Operations
Job tags: program management, Management Consulting, Business Operations