Senior Product Researcher
Remote job description
About this role
Strava is looking for two Senior Product Researchers to join its growing design and research team to support its Athlete Services and Groups & Clubs teams. The ideal candidate is a leader who can integrate insight throughout the development process and partner with product teams to increase Strava's impact on its global community. As a subscription-based, consumer-facing business, building deep empathy with this community of athletes is essential for driving both long-term user happiness and long-term business impact.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Partner with Product Management, Engineering, Design, and Analytics to identify and analyze product opportunities that will deliver significant user value
- Lead all aspects of research efforts: scoping, recruiting, method selection, collection, analysis, and presentation
- Ensure a healthy pipeline of mid- and longer-term research projects, from exploratory/foundational discovery to evaluative testing to beta-testing/go-to-market monitoring, that will help drive future innovation, and align with research and business objectives
- Work with cross-functional partners throughout the product development process to engage them with research activities and outputs
- Support Designers and Product Managers in conducting their own lightweight research and enable them to deliver impactful research insights
- Collaborate inside and outside of the research team to identify and investigate topics/trends that are strategically relevant to the entire company
- Evangelize sound research practices and general user-centricity throughout the company
- Provide guidance to teams outside of project work to help them make sound decisions based on market, athlete, and product insights
We're excited about you because you have:
- 5+ years experience with human-centered, qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Deep, hands-on experience and shareable examples of completing a variety of research projects from start to finish
- Proven ability to engage collaborators and drive business-wide impact through research efforts
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal), collaborative attitude, and ability to persuade and inspire project teams and collaborators of the value of a people-centered design approach
- Detailed knowledge of research principles, methods, facilitation, and how qualitative research works in concert with quantitative data
- Expertise with common research tools (e.g. UserZoom, Qualtrics, Indeemo etc.)
- Experience integrating multiple types of data (e.g. qualitative findings, market research, survey data, analytics, competitive landscape) into a singular strategic point of view
- Deft ability to synthesize, shape, and share insights to convey clear direction and drive both actionable design recommendations as well as impact on Strava's athletes
- Capacity to creatively adapt methods and approaches to meet the unique constraints of a constantly evolving environment
- Research experience in a digital startup environment is beneficial
- Experience or expertise in subscription-based businesses and their associated customer dynamics is beneficial
For the Athlete Services teams
- Experience working within cross-platform, wearable technology or physical products
For the Groups and Clubs teams
- Experience working within an B2B environment or with content creators
Candidates must share their past work experience and project examples to be considered for the role.
Strava is Swedish for "strive," which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We're a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. With billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and adventurous vision: to be the record of the world's athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes' days even better. Just as we're deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we're dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We're backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we're expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community. We are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a distributed capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture, and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes' lives ?" now more than ever. All to say, it's a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Company name: Strava
Remote job title: Senior Product Researcher
Job tags: Qualitative Research, Dynamic Systems, Market Research