Senior Product Manager Security Growth
Remote job description
Founded in 2017, Coalition is on a mission to solve cyber risk and create a safer digital economy where everyone can thrive. Digital risk is now a part of every business and it's no longer solely the domain of technical teams. That's why we combined comprehensive insurance with proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations stay resilient to digital risks like cyber attacks, funds transfer fraud and much more.
Our team works collaboratively across North America and Europe to prevent security failures and provide both technical and financial help when incidents do occur. Today, Coalition is the world's largest commercial insurtech serving over 130,000 customers including many small businesses that rely on Coalition to help them chart a path forward in the new digital world.
As of September 2021, Coalition has raised $520 million from leading global technology investors as well as highly-regarded institutional investors including: Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Valor Ventures, Durable Capital, T. Rowe Price Advisors, and Whale Rock Capital, valuing the company at more than $3.5 billion.
Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by helping organizations of all sizes solve real-world problems and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, authenticity and diversity. That's why we are proud to be named one of Inc's Best Places to Work in 2021.
About The Role
This role is responsible for running our Security Alerts & Escalations product and programs. Coalition is disruptive in its mission to provide not just cyber insurance but active security monitoring and alerting to their policyholders. This role is focused on Growth hacking - using data to drive actions and decisions to improve the security posture of our policyholders. The PM will be responsible for following key metrics:
- Reduce % of policyholders with known vulnerabilities - hence reduce claims and losses
- Renewals - Reduce ticket time and contingency rate for renewals
- Increase efficiency of our automated alerting system and alerting user experience
We are looking for product managers who have the right balance of user empathy, creativity, ability to roll up their sleeves and dive deep into unfamiliar domains and do what it needs to drive success. We're growing quickly, so there is considerable opportunity to scale responsibility with the company's success.
- Runs a program to reduce critical vulnerabilities across 100s of thousands of policyholders by leveraging attack surface monitoring, vulnerability management and security alerts to policyholders
- Runs campaigns and A/B tests to get best response rates on security alerts
- Works with brokers and policyholders to improve their alerting experience
- Works with data, LCM, Security Support center, security research and engineering to come up with weekly plans of reach-out targets, content and criteria for success
- Make solid decisions based on metric driven analysis, claims feedback, underwriting, current security events and qualitative user feedback
- Tracks the results of all campaigns and reports insights to stakeholders
- Determines the escalation path to the right audience (internal & external)
- Defines incentives (carrots and sticks) offered to reduce risk by working with several insurance stakeholders. This can include coverage, pricing, endorsements and rewards
- Works with engineering to plan the scheduling & prioritization of scans on a weekly basis
- Improve security alert conditions, triggers and public facing content related to alerts
- Defines the roadmap and specs for alerting and escalation system (integration of several off-the-shelf software and homegrown tools)
- Interface with 3rd party vendors on dependencies for security + escalations system
- Plans the documentation, alert response best practices
- Track success and fine-tune goals based on continuous learning
Skill and Qualifications
- At least 3 years of experience working as a Growth PM, PM or TPM on SaaS products
- Analytical, strong with data
- Experience running programs in the past that involved multiple stakeholders (external and internal)
- Ability to iterate, experiment and turn them into solid results
- Clarity of communication at all levels - written and verbal
- Technical competency to understand how systems integrate or work (e.g., sending data from one data source to another)
- Obsessed with customer experience and satisfaction
- Understanding of security vulnerabilities is a plus
Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Company name: Coalition
Remote job title: Senior Product Manager Security Growth