Senior Product Manager, Family
Remote job description
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we're building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you're ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There's no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work - whether it's from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop - while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It's an industry that's been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people's lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is crucial, but it's also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It provides a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it's a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get good food and give them back time to do what matters most. We're finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Most of our customers communicate with others in their household before each and every order. They collect everyone's shopping lists, preferences, and coordinate delivery or pickup times around schedules. Today, this collaboration happens off platform and burdens our customers with the effort of managing and transcribing their household's needs into an Instacart order.
As a member of the Family team, you will lead the product strategy and execution of a roadmap to transform our app into a multiplayer experience that brings friends and family together on Instacart. You will work holistically across the end to end journey innovating on effective onboarding of family members, multiplayer collaboration before an order and after one is placed, and solving other unmet family needs. In addition to leading the consumer experience across Instacart's app, you will champion the Family Vision to our users, press, and across the company.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Foundation team is dedicated to enhance our core marketplace experience to reach new types of customers and retain them with an E2E high-quality experience. The Family team is transforming Instacart into a multiplayer shopping experience inclusive of the whole household, expanding the households access to food and complimenting how they collaborate on their household's weekly shop.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Partner with Engineering, Design, Research, Data Science, Product Ops, and Marketing on bringing new experiences to the market.
- Collaborate closely with Research and Data Science to understand our customer and integrate behavior data and customer feedback into key product decisions
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences - within teams, company, to users, press etc.
- Create strong relationships with peer teams to champion family experiences and influence their roadmaps to support our Family Vision
- Build, measure, and iterate rapidly through multiple data-driven experiments at once to inform product direction
- Build and manage a roadmap of future experiments and platform components to support more rapid experimentation.
- 6+ years in Product Management on a consumer product
- Able to handle the prioritization and execution of a large number of initiatives simultaneously
- Familiar with A/B testing, including experiment design and analysis
- Experience in building momentum in organizations around new initiatives and influencing XFN team members on priorities.
- Strong storytelling and communication, summarizing a strategy, project status, and outcomes to a large audience
- Experience with growth loops and optimizing growth funnels
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
OR, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, RI, VT, DC, PA, VA, CO, TX, IL, HI
All other states
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Company name: Instacart
Remote job title: Senior Product Manager, Family
Job tags: Product Strategy, Cross-functional Team Leadership, multiplayer
location or timezone
yearly salary range$169,000 - 257,000
posted99 days ago