Senior Product Manager, Eversight
Remote job description
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we're building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you're ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There's no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work?"whether it's from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop?"while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It's an industry that's been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people's lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is crucial, but it's also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It provides a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it's a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get good food and give them back time, so they can do what matters most to them. We're finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Instacart offers Enterprise solutions to our retailer and CPG partners that power their ecommerce and in-store experiences. The Eversight solutions provide intelligent pricing and promotions management and optimization capabilities for Retailers and Brands across omnichannel retailing, including solutions built on Instacart and for use offline.
Working with company leadership, our internal teams and with our Retailer partners, this Product Manager will develop strategies and empower efforts to continue to drive integration of Eversight's retail price and promotions offerings onto Instacart Marketplace and other surfaces over time, as well as adapt the Eversight solutions to take advantage of product synergies and new white space capabilities unlocked by bringing the two solutions together. This leader would also support development of new monetization models to drive recurring SaaS revenue growth for Instacart while also helping to impact Affordability on the platform and improved price perception, which is a top driver of retention.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, research, data science, and design, and closely partner with client-facing Customer Success and Sales teams.
- You'll drive the full product lifecycle from strategic product definition to the tactical execution, strategy, and long term vision and importantly, you have autonomy to go after the biggest opportunities, regardless of where they fall within the user journey.
- You will facilitate customer feedback sessions to gather direct input on product usability
- The opportunities for major impact across our Retailer vertical is almost endless. A key part of this job will be working with your team to deliver a clear and focusing prioritization.
- Work directly with our retail partners to get agreement and execute on the opportunities identified by the team. Importantly, this will include defining new processes with our retail partners that will enhance your team's velocity.
- The Enterprise product team is a small but rapidly growing product team. As a PM leading major surface areas, you will be expected to be a leader with vision in helping build a successful product organization that reflects the values of Instacart.
- 5+ years in Product Management at a technology company working with B2B clients across a variety of scale and sophistication (Large S&P 500 corporations through SMBs)
- Experience working on complex technical products with a proven track record of tackling complex problems by crafting customer-first solutions and thinking from first principles
- Demonstrated ability to scale early-stage products with aggressive growth through creative problem solving, ruthless focus on minimum viable product, and an ability to foster engagement with early adopters
- Experience delivering impactful products and features that are heavily informed by data as well as user research
- Strong track record of ability to critically evaluate product feedback gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and identify highest priority needs
- Strong data driven problem solving skills and analytical strength, including comfort with complex data-heavy problems
- Comfort with ambiguity and conceptually challenging new products where there are not strong precedents for benchmarking and comparison; ability to balance first principles thinking with concrete pragmatism
- Passion for sustainably building scalable enterprise products that unlock tremendous financial value, but have a limited number of highly advanced power users
- Experience working on complex analytical solutions
- Experience working with retail or CPG sales and marketing
- SaaS experience preferred
- You love fast-paced environments
- You are curious, and willing to go above and beyond
- You thrive in ambiguity and can chart a course with limited direction
- You love "simplicity on the other side of complexity"
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
OR, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, RI, VT, DC, PA, VA, CO, TX, IL, HI
All other states
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Company name: Instacart
Remote job title: Senior Product Manager, Eversight
Job tags: data driven, Enterprise Software, Early-Stage