Senior Product Manager
Remote job description
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That's the power of data in motion in action-giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we're building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We're looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent's enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow-whether you're just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you'll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
We are enabling our customers to realize many of the benefits of our cloud service with the additional control and customization available from self-managing clusters on their private infrastructure. Confluent for Kubernetes provides a complete, declarative API-driven experience for deploying and self-managing Confluent Platform as a cloud-native system.
- Define the roadmap: Plot a course with your engineering counterparts that will realize the strategy.
- Understand our users: Conduct interviews and analyze usage data to define personas, user journeys, and key jobs to be done.
- Work across teams: Create shared understanding and direction across engineering, product, business development, support, sales, and marketing teams within Confluent and externally with our partners.
- Be responsible for the whole lifecycle: Drive cross-functional initiatives from conception through initial delivery, and ongoing iteration after launch.
- Manage complexity: Deliver value while handling the surprises and challenges of a quickly evolving product, a complex enterprise ecosystem, and a rapidly growing organization.
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years of software product management experience
- Demonstrated fluency with cloud-native computing.
- Enterprise infrastructure experience
- Ability to build great enterprise experiences across APIs, CLIs, and GUIs.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Company name: confluent
Remote job title: Senior Product Manager
Job tags: open-source, big data, infrastructure