Senior/Principal Product Manager Cyber Insurance
Remote job description
Founded in 2017, Coalition is on a mission to solve cyber risk and create a safer digital economy where everyone can thrive. Digital risk is now a part of every business and it's no longer solely the domain of technical teams. That's why we combined comprehensive insurance with proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations stay resilient to digital risks like cyber attacks, funds transfer fraud and much more.
Our team works collaboratively across North America and Europe to prevent security failures and provide both technical and financial help when incidents do occur. Today, Coalition is the world's largest commercial insurtech serving over 130,000 customers including many small businesses that rely on Coalition to help them chart a path forward in the new digital world.
As of September 2021, Coalition has raised $520 million from leading global technology investors as well as highly-regarded institutional investors including: Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Valor Ventures, Durable Capital, T. Rowe Price Advisors, and Whale Rock Capital, valuing the company at more than $5 billion.
Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by helping organizations of all sizes solve real-world problems and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, authenticity and diversity. That's why we are proud to be named one of Inc's Best Places to Work in 2021.
About The Role
As a Product Manager at Coalition, you will own one of the company's strategic product areas and have a material impact on business outcomes. You'll identify key problems we tackle, get feedback from key stakeholders, prioritize features to plan a roadmap, and work across the company to build innovative solutions. A good product manager thinks creatively, relates to their customers, and deeply comprehends the domain. A great product manager continually creates business value, delights customers, and improves company infrastructure to unlock faster development.
In this role, you will own a significant part of Coalition's business, unlocking new cyber insurance products Coalition can sell and enabling our brokers and internal users to be the most efficient in all of cyber insurance. Your top two focuses will be i) building and maintaining our cyber insurance logic and ii) driving efficiency in broker and internal workflows. You will work closely with our brokers, our insurance stakeholders, and our engineers to translate business logic, problems, and user feedback into scalable product components that will enable us to 10x our scale. You will work cross-functionally across teams and other product owners at the company to create delightful user experiences that are simple, intuitive, and reliable. You will need to iterate quickly based on user feedback, quantitative data, and a comprehension of world class UX to make our product experience better. More than anything, you will need to love digging into complexity to bring order to a system.
We expect a balance of constant incremental improvement with appetite for larger opportunities. When you find problems, you're willing to fix the root issue and invest in solutions that benefit the company long term. You'll manage your roadmap in a clear, consistent manner, and help everyone understand what success looks like.
We're growing quickly, so there is considerable opportunity to scale accountability with the company's success.
Skills & Qualifications
- An ownership mentality; do what it takes to deliver great outcomes.
- A passion for technology and 5+ years of experience building software products, ideally for external customers
- A track record of taking ideas all the way to shipping great products and customer benefits
- An ability to deliver products working with an agile engineering organization
- Equally adept at being hands-on and sweating the details and at looking at the larger picture and driving the strategic vision
- Adept with data analysis and optimization; know how to evaluate a complex workflow
- Maturity to balance short-term and long-term development needs simultaneously
- Comfortable with change; rapid company growth demands and rewards flexibility
- Project management experience across complex projects
- Excellent communication skills, especially written, for multiple audiences
- Willingness to step in to fill gaps and push for team success
- Trusted by team members and outside customers alike to deliver on what is promised
- Experience scaling products during fast growing environments
- Experience maximizing workflows: internally and externally
- Experience working on products with complex logic
- Engaging writing for an outside audience, examples: a company or personal blog, instructional material to help drive adoption of your product, etc
We're a highly fulfilling, mission-driven team who is committed to building a more diverse and inclusive culture. We want to work with people of all different backgrounds and paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and put in the work, no matter how small the task. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join #OurCoalition and help us on our mission to solve digital risk.
To learn more, check out our featured press releases:
- Coalition Closes $250 Million in Series F Funding, Valuing the Cyber Insurance Provider at $5 Billion
- Coalition Named to Fast Company's Annual List of of the World's Most Innovative Companies for 2022
- Coalition Launches Active Insurance, Reaches $650M Run Rate GWP
- Coalition launches tech-powered executive risks products with personalized risk assessment for all US small-businesses
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Company name: Coalition
Remote job title: Senior/Principal Product Manager Cyber Insurance
location or timezone
posted294 days ago