Senior Engineering Manager, Channels
Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
As the Senior Engineering Manager of the Channels pillar, you will be responsible for building out the next generation of notifications platform and infrastructure that powers Reddit's outbound communication to its users. At scale, this team is responsible for delivering personalized push notifications and emails to millions of users.
The Channels team at Reddit's mission is to send the right content to the right user at the right time using the right channel. We deliver over half a billion push notifications and emails to Reddit users every day. With Reddit's growth trajectory, we are starting a re-architecture for the next order of magnitude.
How You'll have an Impact:
You will drive the technical strategy for scaling up the notifications platform to handle billions of personalized messages per day. You will partner with the ML org to personalize notifications for millions of users with a focus on meeting user intention versus vying for their attention.
You will be accountable for evolving the current engineering team to deliver on this opportunity - identify key gaps, hire, manage, mentor, inspire, and retain engineering managers and software engineers. You will drive a culture of technical excellence ensuring the right bets are taken with the highest quality.
You will partner with a multitude of stakeholders for driving the product and technical roadmaps for the division. You will unlock the ability for other teams within Reddit to leverage our notifications platform with minimal effort thereby 10xing the team's impact.
What You'll Do:
- Develop, drive and execute a long-term vision and strategy for the notifications platform. Launch cutting edge systems and evolve them to always be performant, reliable, timely and relevant for users.
- Lead, manage, and grow high-caliber engineering teams. Utilize all tools at your disposal to hire, coach, promote, and retain the correct team compositions to achieve our goals, including attracting new talent.
- Work closely with XFN partners to drive, prioritize, and realize impactful outcomes. Coordinate across product and cross-functional engineering teams to understand and widely accelerate core initiatives.
- Set and support a culture of metrics-driven quality, with efficient processes and strong transparency.
- Clearly and effectively articulate a compelling vision to motivate a team. Provide mentorship and growth opportunities for team members and leaders by giving timely and actionable feedback.
- Help Reddit reach its goal of bringing community, belonging and empowerment to everyone.
- 6+ years of experience of managing teams of software and product engineers.
- 10+ years of experience developing internet scale, near-real time distributed systems.
- Professional experience and capability with scaled high-rate platform services, workflow orchestration systems and API design.
- Track record of assembling high functioning organizations bolstered by strong organization processes.
- Strong ability to identify correct divisional priorities and ensure projects are kept on-schedule and on-mission.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is:
222,800 - 334,200 USD
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Senior Engineering Manager, Channels
Job tags: orchestration, Distributed Systems
location or timezone
posted83 days ago