Senior Engineering Manager, Billing & Monetization
Remote job description
Loom is the video communication platform for async work that helps companies communicate better at scale. Loom makes it easy to record quick videos of your screen and camera and instantly share them with a link. More than 14M users across more than 200k companies around the world trust Loom to share feedback, updates, intros, training, and more ?" every day. Founded in late 2015, Loom has raised $203M from world-class investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Iconic, and Coatue.
Loom is looking for an experienced and empathetic senior engineering manager to join our Billing & Monetization Team, scale it up, lead it, and inspire those they interact with. This person will be a strong technical and people-focused leader, who embodies the values we seek in our engineering leaders to , continuously demonstrate cross team , in the face of adversity, and an inner drive to .
The Billing & Monetization team sits at the core of Loom's business strategy - as a product-led growth organization, converting users and collecting payment is a foundational capability that is critical to our business and growth. You'll become a domain expert and a trusted partner to colleagues across the organization, working alongside a top-notch team across multiple disciplines to create a robust billing platform to support Loom in its journey to introduce a new mode of communication for the workplace, driving conversion while creating trust and transparency throughout the entire billing process.
- Lead and manage our Billing & Monetization team, building out our billing platform foundations and optimizing self-serve conversion through rigorous experimentation and metrics focus
- Manage and advise our Billing & Monetization Team on technical house-keeping initiatives and ensure we are able to consistently pay down technical debt while meeting product delivery timelines
- Support integration of Loom's billing system with payment systems, subscription management services, etc.
- Empower internal teams with billing-related tooling and data
- Work with other engineering and product leaders to create new and existing billing success metrics and drive towards them.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data, design, product, finance & accounting, sales, support, product marketing, etc
- Recruit, hire, and train your team, building a sense of belonging and psychological safety, growing each member from a place of empathy and good intentions
- Pair and brainstorm with engineers on architectural and technical topics
What We're Looking For
- Managed a team of 6 or more engineers
- Managed remote engineers distributed across multiple timezones
- 6+ years of professional full-time experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
- Led projects with multiple stakeholders and helped drive towards clarity and decision velocity
- Track record of hiring, retaining, and growing senior engineering talent
- Track record of shipping new products and iterating on them over time
- Billing systems experience a plus
How We WorkFreedom and Flexibility: At Loom, we believe work is an act, not a place. When we disengage work from a location, we can accommodate a broad range of life choices. You can choose to work from home or while you travel. We are able to hire across the United States and are continuing to expand our international presence. And you are free to move within a country without any adjustment to compensation.
Engaging Workday: The key to an engaging workday is finding the right balance between different ways to work sync, async, text and video. Loom makes it easier for us to say what we mean without having to schedule a zoom meeting or struggle to find the right words. And using async communication allows us to free up time for deep work every day. We believe there's a place for sync time - often a conversation on Zoom is exactly what is needed. For team meetings, this 'sync time' is typically between 9AM-Noon PT given where the overlap of timezones where Loommates are located.
Work-Rest Balance: The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high-growth startup and sustainability is making rest a priority. We offer a flexible PTO policy so you're able to take time off when you need it. We also go fully offline for Summer Break around 4th of July and between Christmas and New Years. Rest is also part of the workday, not just during PTO. Taking a break for personal commitments, whether it's watching the kids or getting some exercise is a natural part of the workday.
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter. We are intentional about building trust and relationships through unique, shared experiences. Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it's through Looms celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. Loommates are able to meet in person with their teams at least twice a year purely for fun. We have also built local offices for those who want to work or meet in person, starting with San Francisco and New York City.
Perks at Loom
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- 99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Professional development reimbursement
- Wellness stipends
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work opportunities
- Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity EmployerWe are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.
Company name: Loom
Remote job title: Senior Engineering Manager, Billing & Monetization
Job tags: Workday, Online Advertising, Team Leadership