Product Operations Manager
Remote job description
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn't come with a manual. That's why we're building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes - knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry - we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We're seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we'll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million projects started on Thumbtack
- 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 9 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Product Operations Team
The Product Operations team acts as a bridge between our users and product teams, bringing both operational rigor and strong user advocacy to product development. As subject matter experts, we develop a deep understanding of product functionality, business workflows, and user sentiment to support the delivery products and features that effectively attract, engage, and retain our users at every point in their Thumbtack journey to help release the best products for our business and our users.
About the Role
We are looking for a strong Product Operations Manager (POM) who can effectively partner with cross functional teams to deliver and operationalize our lead pricing, matching, and pay product areas. The POM for marketplace will focus on supporting product initiatives, backed by user feedback data, to drive positive product change while partnering with the several teams that comprise the marketplace where pros and customers connect.
- Become an in-house expert on pricing and payments for both professional service provider and customer needs, translating your expertise into actionable, prioritized insights to influence the product, policy, and other operational details
- Deep dive into user feedback and bugs, analyzing qualitative and quantitative data to understand user pain points, craft voice-of-user stories, prioritize issues, and communicate the most impactful findings to product partners
- Present to, negotiate with, and ultimately influence product teams, management, and other cross-functional partners to deliver must-have products to market
- Help build programs or champion projects at the strategic and tactical level that drive a healthy balance of supply, demand, and fulfillment
- Help build and evolve processes, operational rigor, systems, and tools to scale and evolve the product operations team itself and bring operational efficacy to your partner product teams
- Leverage your project or program management experience and bias for action to connect the dots, prioritize, and proactively solve potential problems
What you'll need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 4+ years experience in a product operations/product management/program management role driving outcomes and delivering value
- 2+ years experience with marketplace products, preferably at a technology company or in the home services industry
- An understanding of billing systems and pricing structures commonly used by home service providers
- A proactive, personable, and collaborative approach, going out of your way to build and maintain trusted relationships with your colleagues and our users
- Clear and reliable communication skills, and the ability to tailor your style and method per audience to influence and drive results
- The flexibility to quickly and effectively navigate ambiguity, using your curiosity and bias for action to adapt to shifting priorities based on market conditions
- An ability to translate analytics business needs into technical requirements for data science and feedback systems partners
Bonus points if you have
- Experience with SQL, Looker, Big Query, or other data analytics tools
- Experience with Salesforce, Coda, and Jira
- 1+ years of experience troubleshooting on Android, Windows and/or iOS mobile operating systems
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines.* Learn more about our virtual-first working model here.
For candidates living in San Francisco / Bay Area, New York City, or Seattle metros, the expected salary range for the role is currently $110,500 - $149,500. Actual offered salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as calibrated job level, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
For candidates living in all other US locations, the expected salary range for this role is currently $93,925 - $127,075. Actual offered salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as calibrated job level, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.Benefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: email@example.com.
Company name: Thumbtack
Remote job title: Product Operations Manager
Job tags: Payment Systems, analytics, Communication Skills