Product Manager Compliance and Client Journey
Remote job description
Xapo is an international fintech startup on a mission to protect and grow its clients' life savings.
We're a fully distributed team that works remotely from 50+ countries around the world. We may come from many different cultures and backgrounds, but it's our values, our resourcefulness, and our drive that makes us Xapiens.
We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to grow every day. If you're the best at what you do and share our passion, we want you.
Join us, wherever you are, and help us build a digital bank worthy of the digital age at Xapo.
Our team is made up of skilled product managers with experience in banking, fintech, and cryptocurrency. We work with top players in the financial and technology industries who are ready to stretch themselves and face the unique and exciting challenges of the Bitcoin world. The team tackles complex, cross-functional projects, iterates on existing products, and acts as the go-to team for Leadership's strategic vision, every day. Our Product Managers combine analysis, benchmarking and detailed roadmapping to assist in the definition and delivery of product initiatives across the company.
The Compliance Lifecycle SAT has a mandate to keep the client and bank safe but ensuring a pleasant experience for the client during the whole lifecycle from onboarding, transacting through offboarding.
The main stakeholders include Compliance, Anti-Financial Crime and Customer Support.
The key focus areas for the SAT is to improve the onboarding process of new clients but at the same time preventing undesirable customers from signing up and ensuring compliance with regional laws and regulations. Making sure there is less friction with clients through clear messaging and notifications on any compliance status during the whole lifecycle.
The Client Journey SAT has the objective of providing best-in-class, end-to-end experience to both external and internal clients, reflected in positive reviews. Build trust, provide a sense of safety and security and appear credible in the eyes of the client by making data-driven decisions and using real-time monitoring systems.
The Client Journey SAT has two clients: the external client (the end-users) of the Xapo Bank app and an internal clients (the Customer Support team and Marketing teams).
For the former, the team handles the user-facing communications (emails, push notifications, and website) and works tightly with the Compliance Lifecycle team in the onboarding, login, and close account flows. For the latter, the team owns implementation, maintenance, and improvements of some internal teams' tools.
You will be responsible for achieving customer success in the inviting, onboarding and retaining customers aspects of our product, by continually iterating and developing the customer experience for your areas of responsibility.
We are looking for a Product Manager who will work with the Product Team and Compliance leadership to develop and implement solutions to support the Know Your Client, Anti-Financial Crime lifecycle and customer profile aspects of our product. You will be helping to define the scope and objectives for continuous product success. The ideal candidate is an expert cross-functional collaborator, with the ability to balance and communicate priorities across multiple business teams and organize and maintain a roadmap that impacts internal users and customers alike.
You will need to have a deep understanding of the various aspects of the compliance lifecycle within a financial services institution. Know Your Client, Due Diligence, Behavioural Profiling, Transaction Monitoring, Financial Crime and Fraud Risk. You will need to balance that experience with understanding the latest technology trends which allow scaling automated solutions that leverage biometrics and Artificial intelligence. Most importantly, you will need to understand the needs of our customers and work out how to solve problems from their point of view, and translate that into business outcomes you will drive.
- Contribute to overall Xapo product strategy and vision by;
- Take overall responsibility for the success of inviting, onboarding and retaining customers
- Continually iterate and develop the customer experience
- Collect, analyse and respond to user feedback;
- Research and Benchmark competitors and similar product offerings.
- Demonstrate new ideas and features with stakeholders.
- Inspire and enthuse colleagues and users of the product line.
- Work closely with the Product Owners and internal stakeholders and use data-driven approaches to identify potential areas of improvement within the business
- Engage in proactive development research to continuously identify and/or ideate opportunities for new features, products and enhanced processes to improve the customer experience.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholder groups to understand business needs and set and manage priorities.
- Regularly engage in performance analysis, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals based on product metrics.
- Create and maintain comprehensive and high-quality product documentation for use in audits and regulatory exams.
- 4+ years of experience in product management
- Experience in regulated industries, FinTech, cryptocurrency, or retail banking preferred
- Experience in key aspects of Know Your client and compliance lifecycle processes and how they affect the product and customer experience
- Knowledge of and experience with compliance systems and technology, including KYC and Transaction Monitoring Systems
- Knowledge of UX/UI best practices, especially for mobile products
- Knowledge of key aspects of the compliance lifecycle in a regulated environment
- Experience in UX design, usability testing, and gathering analytics to turn data into actionable insights
- Proven track record of shipping software products in an agile development environment
- Solid organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage multiple initiatives and priorities with competing timelines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, proven experience driving product and business decisions
- Team-oriented and demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves and get into the weeds of a project
- A dedicated workspace
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications
- Alignment with Our Values.
Why work for xapo?
- Impact globally, work remotely.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Own Your Success: Receive attractive remuneration, enjoy an autonomous work culture and flexible hours, apply your expertise to meaningful work every day.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team.
We founded Xapo to address two of the biggest issues with Bitcoin adoption: accessibility and security. In a matter of years, we developed an industry-leading platform that introduced cryptocurrency into the daily lives of millions worldwide.
Now, we're bringing our expertise to all facets of our users' finances. Because no matter who we are or where we're from, we all deserve more options, more control, and more peace of mind where our money is concerned.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer - we believe that diversity is critical to our success as a global company. An inclusive workplace is the foundation of Xapo - it allows us to create products that cater to clients around the world.
Company name: Xapo
Remote job title: Product Manager Compliance and Client Journey
Job tags: fintech, payment gateway, security