Remote job description
Who we are:
Nacelle is a composable commerce platform provider that allows brands and retailers to syndicate commerce and content data to storefronts, channels, and apps by transforming, storing and reindexing data in real-time. With Nacelle, companies can future-proof their business by composing the commerce stack they want - giving them the agility needed to build unique and dynamic shopping experiences, while optimizing business operations for growth. Nacelle is a venture-backed company with over $70 million raised from institutional investors including Tiger Global, Index Ventures and Inovia. For more information, go to nacelle.com.
You'll be joining the founding Product team at Nacelle. We're a small but mighty team made up of leaders who've previously built products at rocket ship growth commerce companies like Everlane, Happy Returns, and Shopify. We partner with engineering, design, and our go to market peers to craft products that power innovative, high-growth merchants. These brands - Boll & Branch, FTD, and Ilia Beauty, to name a few - process hundreds of millions of dollars in goods sold worldwide.
Do you want to work in a highly collaborative environment to reinvent how commerce works? As a Product Manager at Nacelle, you'll be responsible for building APIs, products, and platforms to support data orchestration for our merchants. Leading brands today struggle to combine their commerce stack - merchandising, content, inventory, checkout, shipping, fulfillment, orders, etc ?" to deliver the best possible customer experience for their shoppers. You'll discover and champion the needs of high-growth merchants to help unlock these back-office and merchandising capabilities to support new sales channels, omnichannel retailing, and differentiated customer experiences online.
As a founding product manager you'll help to shape the vision, culture, and practices for product management at Nacelle. If you're looking for a formative and deeply technical opportunity that will have an outsized impact on the future of commerce, we'd love to talk to you!
The ideal candidate is a low-ego team player who has a knack for achieving outcomes in a collaborative environment and crafting impactful and extraordinary software.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have a few years of experience managing products. It doesn't matter so much what your title was, so long as you have hands-on experience across the full life cycle management of a product ?" from ideation to ship to continuous refinement
- You have recognized market opportunities and customer needs ?" and turned them into APIs, products, and/or platforms that have measurably delighted real users.
- You are genuinely excited about solving customer problems. Having empathy for users from experience or directly interacting and building for users.
- You have the ability to understand and leverage data to make informed product decisions, set success metrics and measure results
- Are technically curious and a systems thinker, ideally with experience working as a software engineer
- You have collaborated with multidisciplinary product teams of designers, developers and go to marketers.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset. Rolling up your sleeps, thrive in chaos, and get stuff done
- You have great written and verbal communication skills
- You default to action and help your team do the same
- Are a team, player, coach, and referee all-in-one
We'd be really excited if you have:
- Demonstrated building platform-wide functionality
- Experience working on products with developer interfaces (i.e., APIs and SDKs)
- Experience working at a venture backed, fast growing, market disrupting company
- Proven track record of delivering impact using an agile scrum framework or similarly iterative process to get stuff done
- Have experience working at a leading digitally native vertical brand (DNVB) responsible for any or all of the following digital infrastructure: eCommerce, Internationalization, Order Management Systems, Inventory Management
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Stock options
- Robust benefits packages which include medical, dental, vision, HSA/FSA, as well as employer-paid life insurance, and short/long-term disability
- 401(k) with an employer match
- Unlimited Mental Health Teledoc appointments
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO in addition to paid holidays and sick days
- Monthly wifi stipend
- Home office setup budget
- An environment that values and promotes continuous learning, true ownership, and teamwork
Nacelle is committed to paying fairly and competitively which is why we partner with a salary and equity database company to ensure we are aligned with market rates. To benchmark salaries, it's based on the individual's level of experience and cost of living and we are able to use data from comparable venture-backed startups (over 3,000 across the US). The salary estimate for this position is a base $145,000 - $155,000, actual offer compensation will be determined on the candidate's location, skills, and years of experience.
If you meet most of the criteria for this position, we would still love to hear from you! We believe in fostering talent, growing and providing training to our team as we believe great human beings come first and building skillsets can happen over time.
At Nacelle, we strive to promote a culture where all employees feel supported and comfortable to provide constructive feedback in ways that we can continue to grow and practice our values of "forever learning, ownership, honesty and integrity, and teamwork."
Nacelle is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Nacelle is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities who may require additional assistance in engaging in our application and interview process. Please feel free to reach out to Nacelle's Talent Acquisition Team at TA@getnacelle.com if you need any assistance completing our application or need accommodations during your interview process.
Company name: Nacelle
Remote job title: Product Manager