Principal Product Manager
Remote job description
At Chainguard, we are on a mission to secure the software supply chain by default. We are choosing to do this the right way, which is the hard way. Some have even called us "the Justice League of security." Our team is founded by the industry's leading experts on open source software, security and cloud native development and is backed by Sequoia, Amplify Partners, the Chainsmokers and more. Chainguard's product portfolio includes Chainguard Enforce, Chainguard Images and Professional Services. Customers range from Fortune 500 companies in banking, fintech, government and infrastructure to startups and SMBs. Join us as we help organizations secure their software supply chain from source to production.
We live and breathe our company values:
We are customer obsessed - Our true advantage is the strength of our relationships with customers through collaboration, empathy, and responsiveness. We establish trust as we educate, advocate, and listen to their needs. Our focus is on delivering solutions to our customers that create value and make their lives better.
We have a bias for intentional action - We're a start-up and we need to move fast. However we need to move fast through intentional action to make sure we're able to deliver quickly and efficiently on what is most impactful to our collective success. We prioritize, plan, try things, and fail fast. We think about how what we do impacts other teams and communicate our progress - owning the whole solution from start to finish. If we move fast enough, we can make two or three mistakes, learn, and correct them before competitors even make their first decision.
We don't take ourselves too seriously (but we do serious work) - Though we are solving an important problem which takes focus and a degree of seriousness, we don't take ourselves too seriously while we do. We laugh, have fun, embrace uniqueness, and enjoy the journey. Together.
We trust each other and assume good intentions - We hire great team members and trust them to do their work. We're transparent with data, news, and decisions - positive or negative - to empower team members to make well informed decisions. Showing up for each other fully means we celebrate each other's accomplishments as well as give compassionate direct feedback when needed. We always default to assuming good intentions.
The role, in a nutshell:
We are looking for a Product Manager to oversee the development and improvement of Chainguard products. In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products through their entire lifecycle. You will be responsible for a product from the concept and validation phase to engineering, testing and marketing.
Ultimately you are responsible for delivering on products that solve customer pain, and driving impact to the business.
What you'll do:
- Understand the software supply chain security space, markets, competition, and customer requirements in depth.
- Launch new products and features that solve customer problems, test their performance, and iterate quickly.
- Work collaboratively with Engineering, Marketing, UX, and other cross-functional teams on cutting edge technologies.
- Develop innovative solutions to problems by collaborating as needed across regions, product areas, and functions.
- Drive the strategy, roadmap and quarterly planning cycles.
- Drive execution against the roadmap.
What we're looking for:
- Experience working with engineering teams and cross-functional teams within an organization.
- Technical experience is preferred.
- Strong communication and writing skills are a must.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
- Willing to adapt and work in a fast-paced environment.
A few of the benefits we offer:
- Equity/stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work with flexible coworking and team meetup opportunities
- Home office and internet stipend
- 100% health/dental/vision insurance coverage for you and your family
If your experience is close but doesn't fulfill all requirements, please apply. Chainguard is on a mission to build the best team. To achieve our goal, we are focused on hiring "Guardians'' with unique backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
Chainguard is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Company name: Chainguard
Remote job title: Principal Product Manager
location or timezone
posted75 days ago