Principal Engineer II
Remote job description
Ready to be a Titan?
We're looking for someone to lead all technical aspects of an engineering team at ServiceTitan. You must have a strong background in responsive web application development, building distributed systems for scale, and a proven ability to deliver technical leadership and strong process management.
We make a huge impact on thousands of companies in the U.S. and abroad by enabling them to be more efficient and effective at running their business. Many of the features we offer - in particular, Machine Learning and AI-driven scheduling and dispatch automation - are light-years ahead of what currently exists on the market, and we love to hold this position. We are quality minded, use the most modern tools on .NET platform, have an amazing culture, love to solve complex problems, and embrace learning, exploration and growth.. If you share the same values, we'd like to talk to you!
What You'll Do:
- Own: Own from end to end the short and long term technical vision of your team
- Design & Revamp: Design, implement and improve critical systems and components powering ServiceTitan stack; improve the security, availability, reliability, and performance of our products; drive/participate in all major architectural and strategic decisions especially those relating to scale
- Improve Efficiency: Build tools to increase efficiency of all our engineers; improve performance, processes, and quality across the whole engineering team
- Discover: Identify opportunities to extract or develop systems beneficial for multiple teams
- Empower: Mentor and guide Engineers across engineering as a whole
- 60% development / 40% working on everything else
- Teambuilding: Work closely with Recruiting - in particular, interview candidates and co-own activities related to lead generation (e.g. tech talks) and screening (HackerRank tests)
- Strategy: Contribute to the roadmap and resource planning
- Measure Success: Determine metrics for success and constantly measure them
- Collaborate: Communicate effectively with cross-functional teams, engineers, Product Managers, customers, and partners
What You'll Bring:
- 8+ years of industry experience, including with large scale enterprise web/saas applications
- 3+ years of experience on senior engineering roles (designing APIs, abstractions, and tools used by other engineers)
- Expert-level knowledge of:
- Microsoft .NET technology stack (C# / .NET, ASP.NET MVC, Web APIs) and SQL databases (Microsoft SQL Server or any other)
- Taking existing monolithic applications to a domain based, service-driven paradigm
- Experience with large scale 3rd party integrations
- Basic Microsoft Windows administration skills including IIS administration
- Performance / reliability monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic, DataDog, Application Insights)
- Log / Metric collection and analysis tools (e.g. Elasticsearch-Logstash-Kibana, DataDog, Interana)
- Git, unit testing, debugging, profiling, Visual Studio, JIRA and other tools that are typically used by developers on Microsoft technology stack
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools (TeamCity or similar)
- Administration and building automation for Azure, AWS or other public cloud technology
- Ability to empathize with our users and champion for their experience.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- B.S., M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or a related technical field.
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn't about checking every box on a list. It's about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we're solving. We're in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you're not just accepting a job. You're making a career move. Here's how we'll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 90% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Company name: ServiceTitan
Remote job title: Principal Engineer II
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, smb