Manager, Product Operations Product Specialists
Remote job description
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we're building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you're ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There's no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work?"whether it's from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop?"while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
As a Manager on the Product Operations team, you will lead Product Specialists and Senior Product Specialists responsible for monitoring the health of Instacart products by triaging bug reports, managing incidents, identifying and escalating issues ahead of launch, and working closely with other members of Product Operations, Care and Engineering to help support product launches and advocate for the customer experience. You will be responsible for coaching and developing your team, driving feedback loops between Care and Engineering, and creating processes and establishing best practices that allow us to meet our goals and scale efficiently. You will also apply an agile approach to continuously improve how your team works.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Set goals and SLAs, prioritize high-impact initiatives and lead a team of Product Specialists and Senior Product Specialists supporting our Instacart App, Shopper & Fulfillment, Retailers and Ads spaces
- Leverage data to track and regularly monitor progress on success measures and goals, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Analyze bug reports to understand trends and regressions, and develop action plans that allow us to diagnose, escalate and resolve issues quickly
- Actively monitor work in process to meet our SLA's, and ensure we take any operational steps necessary to ensure we are meeting our goals
- Set performance expectations for your team, and motivate and coach them to meet those expectations. Provide regular and cadenced updates on performance relative to goals and expectations
- Develop operational playbooks, best practices and training to guide Product Specialists' work, particularly in regards to bug investigation / triage and incident management
- Establish, drive and continuously improve pre and post-launch product quality processes to ensure we prevent issues that might impact customers ahead of release, and quickly correct any issues post-release
- Effectively present insights and influence outcomes with key stakeholders at all levels to support meaningful impact to Instacart's business and the customer experience (e.g., Engineering, Product, Operations, Care Leadership, and other cross-functional teams)
- Develop relationships with and maintain regular communications with key stakeholders throughout the organization, with a particular focus on Engineering, Product and Care
- Build a culture of trust, collaboration and commitment to excellence
- Be prepared to directly manage large projects and coordinate across stakeholders as needed to ensure the right resourcing, execution and communications are in place to deliver results
- BA/BS degree with 6+ years of product operations, technical support / product support, quality assurance/management, or other operations roles; advanced degree or six sigma certification strongly preferred
- 3+ years of direct people management experience in a fast-paced, agile environment
- 2+ years of cross-functional project management and leadership experience, ideally in a consumer technology
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions with 2+ years of experience of SQL and querying skills (experience working in and with Customer Support data is a plus)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; a track record of successful engagement of both internal and external stakeholders
- Previous experience working with and impacting user experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively identify, prioritize, and handle multiple work streams simultaneously in a dynamic and rapidly-changing environment
- Ability to foster collaboration and facilitate teamwork
- Highly motivated self-starter with a desire to grow and learn
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Company name: Instacart
Remote job title: Manager, Product Operations Product Specialists
Job tags: SQL, Technical Support, quality assurance