IT Project Manager
Remote job description
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we're building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you're ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There's no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work?"whether it's from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop?"while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
About the Role
We are currently looking for an IT Project Manager who will own the entire project lifecycle of medium to high impact projects for the Information Technology Department. This person will plan, manage, and implement applications, infrastructure changes, and/or process-oriented projects for the Information Technology Department.
About the Team
The Instacart Information Technology Department is dedicated to supporting all of Instacart with equipment, infrastructure and technical support. We partner with other teams to help streamline processes and find solutions to people's technical challenges.
About the Job
- Partner with IT and other departments to implement new technologies, streamline business processes, and create new policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the discovery, planning, and execution of medium to large IT projects that have a moderate to high degree of ambiguity in scope and/or timeline.
- Ability to accomplish the entire project lifecycle with minimal supervision by defining and owning project strategies based on research and data and proactively developing deliverables such as charters, project plans, presentations, agendas, etc.
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with senior management and peers both internally to the IT department and cross-functionally.
- Encourages collaboration and teamwork to help problem solve, unblock peers, and scale processes.
- 4+ years experience as a project manager/program manager
- 2+ years experience developing project plans for complex projects with minimal supervision
- 2+ years experience in Information Technology
- 1+ years experience working with senior management on medium to large scale projects
- Highly analytical
- Highly organized, detail oriented
- Effective and proactive communicator who can provide excellent customer service to all levels of employees, management, and vendors
- The ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment, manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, and adapt quickly to shifting business priorities.
- Familiarity with Information Technology tools such as Okta, Atlassian, and G Suite
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
OR, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, RI, VT, DC, PA, VA, CO, TX, IL, HI
All other states
Company name: Instacart
Remote job title: IT Project Manager
Job tags: Large-Scale Projects, program management