Engineering Manager, Database Reliability
Remote job description
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have payed out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, and our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, we are looking for an Engineering Manager for our Database Reliability team.
What you will do:
- Attract and retain a high-performing engineering team with the highest tier of technical talent.
- Collaborate with cross functional peers such as product, design, finance, legal to craft a roadmap for your team.
- Do effective prioritization between competing priorities, e.g., new features, technical debt etc.
- Coach and mentor engineers to grow their career.
- Be an advocate and represent your team's work in company-wide forums
- Contribute to shaping overall engineering culture at the company
- Participate in company-wide hiring activities such as recruiting, interviewing, and closing top candidates.
Skills and experience you possess:
- Prior experience with managing a team with proven high quality of talent
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to work across different functions and being able to adjust communication according to the intended audience.
- High EQ and personable approach to management with a focus on coaching and mentoring.
- Deeply technical and possessing the ability to deep dive into technical issues and approach as needed.
- Passionate about building a world class engineering culture and passionate about contributing to the larger team outside their own.
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don't know it all, and that's the fun part. Everything gets better when you're curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you're growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch's article about our focus on membership
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR's How I Built This
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Company name: Patreon
Remote job title: Engineering Manager, Database Reliability
Job tags: marketplace, saas / subscription, entertainment, fintech, makers, music