Engineering Manager, Capacity Engineering & Analysis
Remote job description
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we've built and have been recognized as:
Forbes Fintech 50 2021
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021
- Inc. Best-Led Companies 2021
- TIME 100 Most Influential Company 2021
- We're growing and looking for...
- We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We're seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We're in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
Robinhood is looking for an engineering manager to lead our cloud infrastructure efficiency and performance team. The Capacity Engineering and Analysis (CEA) team is responsible for identifying, developing, and executing on Robinhood's infrastructure efficiency strategy. This is a central team that provides insights into infrastructure spend, efficiency, tagging, taxonomy, automating discovery & actions for recurring wastage patterns, and guiding all teams at Robinhood on efficiency best practices.
As Engineering Manager for the CEA team you would be responsible for building and nurturing a world-class team of software engineers, working with cross-functional partners to develop Robinhood's long-term cloud infrastructure strategy, running programs within and across engineering and finance, and driving firm-wide impact. This is a unique engineering leadership role in many aspects - you'll have $MM impact, the opportunity to influence and shape Robinhood's bottom-line, and visibility across engineering, product, and business teams.
What you'll do day-to-day
- You'll develop an inclusive, collaborative, and world-class capacity engineering team, in which people are empowered to do the best work of their careers.
- You will mentor and grow engineers across a spectrum of seniority and experience levels.
- You will work directly with our VP of Infrastructure and partners in Finance and Business Operations to set and execute on cost targets for the firm.
- You will partner with leaders across engineering to develop and run cost efficiency programs through infrastructure investments in tools, insights, and automation.
- You will help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
- You will help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- You have experience serving in an engineering management role for an infrastructure or a platform team.
- You are curious and passionate about cloud infrastructure. This role requires you to be a champion of infrastructure efficiency - that can only come with interest and excitement!
- You have experience keeping yourself and team organized within a fast-paced company.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid choices in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
- You enjoy being analytical, data-driven, and fostering strong cross-functional partnerships.
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don't shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between constructive feedback and career growth.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You have experience leading a capacity engineering, capacity planning, or a cloud infrastructure team.
- You have experience working at a firm whose infrastructure spend is in orders of millions of dollars in magnitude.
- You have experience working with finance and accounting teams.
- You have experience working on large-scale distributed systems.
- You have used the technologies in our stack, such as Python, Go, Postgres, Kafka, AWS, and Kubernetes.
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission-we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Company name: Robinhood
Remote job title: Engineering Manager, Capacity Engineering & Analysis
Job tags: transaction fees, analytics, mobile