Remote job description
The ingredient, polymer and chemical industries are going through a digital transformation. Suppliers and distributors that adopt modern, digital strategies will succeed. More than 8,000 of the world's largest suppliers and distributors use Knowde to accelerate their digital transformation and drive business growth.
Knowde solves the root of the problem holding the industry back from successful digital transformation: organizing and digitizing product data. Knowde's Proprietary Knowledge Engine extracts, cleanses and organizes unstructured product data in a matter of weeks, creating product master data in a PIM system that powers business tools, internal teams, and amazing online customer experiences.
Knowde instantly transforms how customers discover, engage and transact with suppliers and distributors online - on your existing website, Knowde's marketplace or both.
To realize our vision, we've raised over $110M from the world's leading investors, including Sequoia Capital and Coatue. They recognize that digitally transforming the chemical industry will increase the pace of innovation globally.
Come Join Us!
We're looking to hire an immensely talented Engineering Manager to join our team. You'll be managing a set of growing engineering teams and will help us scale our platform capabilities and business in cities across the globe. You'll collaborate closely with our C-level suite as we define our product and engineering roadmap. Then, you'll manage delivery against that roadmap through your use of good engineering process, leadership and leveraging your past experience. You will have the opportunity to help shape the company's technological strategy, cultivate the technical environment, and lead, guide and develop our engineering teams.
- If you want a key role at a high-growth B2B SaaS company that asks you to write code AND manage a team of high-performing developers and quality assurance engineers then this is your job.
- You can attract and recruit top talent, motivate and coach the team, delegate effectively and manage performance.
- You're an "extroverted introvert" technical person who loves people.
- You drive new product engineering and scaling existing solutions as part of a collaborative, cross-domain product/engineering team.
- You have a history of experience leading engineering teams, including distributed teams, across multiple, large-scale business or consumer product units.
- You know how to build and improve engineering teams that work on a spectrum of new and creative market-defining products.
- You are a positive, inspiring, and supportive leader; a nurturer of talent.
- You have an engineering mindset, can jump in and contribute to technical designs and improvements.
- You are passionate about excellence and have the knowledge to inspire an engineering team that delivers predictively and at high quality.
- You are a former senior or staff-level engineer with extensive professional software experience.
- You're a self starter who is driven by the satisfaction of completing a project.
- Your ideal role is a mix of solving technical problems and being a performance coach. One day you're pouring through the code to fix a critical bug and doing code reviews, and another day you're managing the weekly Sprint inside Jira and grooming the backlog of development requests.
- The problem you desperately want to solve: "How do I create a culture of delivery by empowering my team to estimate accurately and meet deadlines, while keeping critical bugs low, time to resolution low, and ensuring the product roadmap gets delivered on time."
- Have a strong emphasis on shipping features quickly without sacrificing code quality.
- Own your projects from software design to implementation and deployment.
- Take pride in your work by implementing cutting-edge technologies and writing state-of-the-art code.
- Emphasize simplicity and pragmatism, which is reflected in your elegant code that other developers emulate.
What you'll bring:
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience, preferably working on advanced B2B products - e-commerce, product catalogs, search, marketing automation, collaboration and marketplaces.
- 1-2+ years of management experience
- Strong technical roots and a skill base that intersects well with Knowde's tech stack & development tools: Ruby/Rails, Python, Angular, Kubernetes, AWS, Atlassian tools, etc.
- Working understanding of data privacy and industry compliance.
- Ability to take initiatives from requirements to deployment
- Ability to design and build scalable, high-availability mission-critical systems and APIs.
- Ruby / Rails
- Java / Spring
- TypeScript / React
- PostgreSQL / Elasticsearch / Redis / S3 / SQS
Our Perks & Benefits
- We offer "Knerds" a variety of medical, dental, and vision plans designed to fit you and your family's needs
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Fully remote position
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life blend
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Knowde upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.
Company name: Knowde
Remote job title: Engineering Manager
Job tags: AWS, marketplace, Ruby on Rails