Remote job description
About This Role
You're excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Guide a team of client and server engineers to create innovative product experiences.
- Forge strong relationships with product, design, and analytics to conceptualize and implement new features.
- Promote and sustain a collaborative team culture across all functions, emphasizing psychological safety and trust.
- Actively contribute code and provide technical leadership and direction.
- Foster career development for team members, recognizing and nurturing individual growth paths.
You will be successful here by:
- Having a strong sense of empathy for the user experience.
- Exhibiting a coach's mindset geared towards developing engineers at varying levels of their career.
- Showcasing a capacity to navigate complex, high-stakes situations with sound judgment.
- Valuing a propensity for inclusiveness and collaboration, ensuring diverse perspectives are respected and heard.
We're excited about you because:
- You have prior leadership experience as an Engineering Manager or Tech Lead within a dynamic engineering team.
- You are eager to help drive forward our commitment to becoming an antiracist company
Strava is Swedish for "strive," which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We're a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world's athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes' days even better. And just as we're deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we're dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We're backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we're expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community ?" we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes' lives ?" now more than ever. All to say, it's a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.
Company name: Strava
Remote job title: Engineering Manager
Job tags: Full Stack Development, React, Scala