Remote job description
We are looking for a driven, talented Engineering Manager (DevOps/SRE) to help lead and grow our Platform SRE team. The team in question is focused on the provision of centralised tooling and services.
Your primary role will be to support the growth of this team - both in numbers, and through the professional development of team members. You will act as both the line manager for team members, as well hiring manager for growing the team.
Additionally, you will work alongside other stakeholders, both within SRE and in other parts of the organisation, to help contribute to the overall SRE mission from a technical perspective.
This role can be remote within the UK with a once a month team meeting in our London office.
This is a line management role within SRE and you will be working closely with other team members and leaders in SRE, but also with Engineering and Product stakeholders from across the wider organisation.
- Act as line manager for team members working as part of the Platform SRE team. You will assist your team members in their professional development, guiding them along the growth pathway.
- In considering the role of the Platform SRE team overall, its mission and strategy, you will identify roles required for team growth, and act as hiring manager to recruit into this team.
- Working with other senior team members in SRE, you will participate in decision making affecting the whole of the SRE team. In your capacity as part of the SRE leadership group, you will work with other stakeholders across the organisation, taking on appropriate roles in other project work to help the organisation more broadly
- Where it makes sense, you will be expected to be able to contribute to technical projects, making use of your extensive experience in SRE/DevOps
As an Engineering Manager (DevOps/SRE), you are expected to have significant experience with relevant technologies, as well as experience successfully line managing and growing a dedicated team of engineers.
- Success in delivering engineering projects with significant business impact, working with multiple stakeholders, and coordinating engineering efforts and communication across multiple channels.
- Line management experience, working with motivated ICs, who are keen to grow their skills and impact on the organisation.
- Experience defining roles, acting as hiring manager, and successfully onboarding and managing new team members.
- Significant experience working with, and in support of, production systems
- Experience working with AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience using Docker, preferably in production systems
- Experience with CI tooling, including test pipelines and asset generation and publishing (eg Docker images, helm charts)
- Experience with deployment techniques and tooling
Benefits of working at ComplyAdvantage include:
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote working option
- Stock options scheme
- Unlimited Annual Leave
- Flexible working hours
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company health care plan
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and development budget
ComplyAdvantage celebrates diversity in our teams, and welcomes applications from all backgrounds. Additionally, we value potential and growth, so if you don't feel that you fulfill all of the criteria, then you should still feel comfortable to apply and your application will be considered fairly.
Job title: Engineering Manager (DevOps/SRE) at ComplyAdvantage (London, UK) (allows remote)
Job tags: docker, aws, devops