Remote job description
About RipplingRippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT - payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more - in one unified workforce platform.By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees' payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps - like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365 - all within 90 seconds.Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $700M from the world's top investors - including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, and Bedrock - and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About The RoleWe are looking for a super sharp, highly-motivated attorney to join as the second Employment Counsel on the Legal & Compliance team. In this role, you will partner closely with our HR Team, recruiting function, and various product and business teams to shape employment and HR compliance for Rippling's rapidly expanding global workforce (1800+ employees) as well as advise and drive compliance for several of Rippling's HR-related products. Creative, proactive, and pragmatic legal guidance and process management will be crucial to this role, and you will have an opportunity to make a big impact in a fast-paced organization creating a first-in-kind platform that spans numerous regulated industries. You will also help drive the compliance culture at Rippling and embed integrity and compliance in all of our operations as our company grows.
What You Will Do
- Advise on a broad range of employment law matters, including recruiting, employee relations, compensation and benefits, wages and hour, and workplace investigations.
- Partner with our human resources and talent teams to develop scalable, forward-looking employment policies, programs, and training to ensure that Rippling continues to be a best place to work.
- Design and drive internal HR audits (documentation, classification/wage and hour, I-9s, etc.).
- Partner with outside counsel on global employment matters to shape internal global employment and HR compliance at Rippling (employment agreements, policies, day-to-day operations, performance management, terminations).
- Draft and review employment agreements and policies.
- Manage vendors and external counsel supporting Rippling's operations.
- Monitor and self-study on regulatory developments relevant to the HR industry and driving compliance on new employment laws.
- Assist with Rippling's general corporate legal activities, including ethics, litigation and risk management, and so on!
- 3+ years of experience directly related to this role, including at a law firm, in-house, and/or other relevant roles.
- Subject matter expertise in employment law and advising on major federal and California employment laws. Bonus points for wage and hour, compensation, PEO, litigation, or global employment law experience.
- Entrepreneurial mindset (flexible, self-starting and hard-working) in generating new and innovative solutions to build out the Legal & Compliance program.
- Demonstrated solution-oriented business and legal judgment.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communicator both internally and externally, with ability to break down complex legal jargon into easy-to-understand and practical advice.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sense of humor.
- Law degree (e.g. JD or equivalent).
- Tier 1: $158,000 - $216,000/year
- Tier 2: $158,000 - $216,000/year
- Tier 3: $158,000 - $216,000/year
Company name: Rippling
Remote job title: Employment Counsel
Job tags: HR Compliance, Legal Compliance, Classification Algorithms
location or timezone
yearly salary range$158,000 - 216,000
posted93 days ago