Director Sales Operations
Remote job description
At Chainguard, we are on a mission to secure the software supply chain by default. We are choosing to do this the right way, which is the hard way. Some have even called us "the Justice League of security." Our team is founded by the industry's leading experts on open source software, security and cloud native development and is backed by Sequoia, Amplify Partners, the Chainsmokers and more. Chainguard's product portfolio includes Chainguard Enforce, Chainguard Images and Professional Services. Customers range from Fortune 500 companies in banking, fintech, government and infrastructure to startups and SMBs. Join us as we help organizations secure their software supply chain from source to production.
We live and breathe our company values:
We are customer obsessed - Our true advantage is the strength of our relationships with customers through collaboration, empathy, and responsiveness. We establish trust as we educate, advocate, and listen to their needs. Our focus is on delivering solutions to our customers that create value and make their lives better.
We have a bias for intentional action - We're a start-up and we need to move fast. However we need to move fast through intentional action to make sure we're able to deliver quickly and efficiently on what is most impactful to our collective success. We prioritize, plan, try things, and fail fast. We think about how what we do impacts other teams and communicate our progress - owning the whole solution from start to finish. If we move fast enough, we can make two or three mistakes, learn, and correct them before competitors even make their first decision.
We don't take ourselves too seriously (but we do serious work) - Though we are solving an important problem which takes focus and a degree of seriousness, we don't take ourselves too seriously while we do. We laugh, have fun, embrace uniqueness, and enjoy the journey. Together.
We trust each other and assume good intentions - We hire great team members and trust them to do their work. We're transparent with data, news, and decisions - positive or negative - to empower team members to make well informed decisions. Showing up for each other fully means we celebrate each other's accomplishments as well as give compassionate direct feedback when needed. We always default to assuming good intentions.
The role, in a nutshell:
Organize data and generate deep customer insight in order to enhance sales force productivity and effectiveness. You will accomplish your mission by working collaboratively with our sales, marketing and finance teams, you will measure everything to help us optimize our sales funnel and achieve growth. Your impact will help us make it easier to maintain a competitive edge, enhance sales force effectiveness, and achieve consistent, sustainable sales success.
What you'll do:
- Partner with the VP Sales on all issues and challenges impacting the success of the sales team
- Lead, manage and evaluate the sales tools, processes, policies, and programs to ensure continuous productivity and effectiveness
- Partner with Sales, Finance and HR to design, document, implement and monitor sales compensation plans as well as quotas and sales capacity planning
- Manage and create sales territories that are equitable and align with customer needs
- Create and implement reporting and dashboards for the sales organization that focuses on improving efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure proper lead management processes, metrics and policies
- Create board-level presentations for Sales Org
- Provide first-tier support for any end-user technical or process questions in CRM and other systems primarily managed by Sales Operations
What we're looking for:
- 8+ years in sales operations
- Demonstrated progressive experience in a global SAAS sales or sales operations environment
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accountability, while also able to collaborate cross-functionally (finance, marketing, sales enablement, etc) with exceptional intrapersonal skills
- Demonstrated passion for information and business intelligence; thorough understanding of sales processes and methodologies
- Demonstrated progressive experience in Hubspot and Salesforce.com; CRM migration experience or project management is a plus
- Analytical and detail oriented, strong project management skills with a drive for results
- Exceptional written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to thrive in a fluid, fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Interest in Chainguard, and open source software
- Unquestionable ethics, integrity and business judgment; you share our values, and work in accordance with those values
A few of the benefits we offer:
- Equity/stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work with flexible coworking and team meetup opportunities
- Home office and internet stipend
- 100% health/dental/vision insurance coverage for you and your family
If your experience is close but doesn't fulfill all requirements, please apply. Chainguard is on a mission to build the best team. To achieve our goal, we are focused on hiring "Guardians'' with unique backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
Chainguard is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Company name: Chainguard
Remote job title: Director Sales Operations
Job tags: finance, Attention to Detail, project management