Director of Engineering
Remote job description
As a Director of Engineering at Shopmonkey, you will lead globally distributed teams that are responsible for managing essential feature squads. You will report to the VP of Engineering and will apply your leadership skills and knowledge of software development to deliver features in a scalable, reliable manner. To be successful as a Director of Engineering, you will need to demonstrate your leadership and project management prowess, have up-to-date knowledge with Shopmonkey's technical stack and distributed systems, and demonstrate a strong hands-on attitude for problem solving.
You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Coordinate with our Leadership Team, to help facilitate professional growth and development of team members, as well as lead cross-functional collaboration across multiple groups within the company.
- Improve scalability, maintainability, and reliability of our people, process, and product.
- Facilitate and deliver greater efficiency in the engineering department, both in operational activities and software development.
- Drive continuous execution through partnering with stakeholders across product management to set and execute the vision.
We Are Looking For You If You Have:
- Experience leading teams of 10+ engineers
- Demonstrative leadership experience in mentoring, coaching and team building. Including, performance reviews and career plans
- Experience working with cross-functional stakeholders on initiatives to move the departments forward
- Experience interacting and having influence over a global engineering team - this is highly preferred!
- A solid track record working in the technology industry as an engineer and people influencer
- Demonstrated experience in building teams from scratch and leading them through each stage of product maturity
- Eagerness to partner with the talent team and are committed to participating in recruitment initiatives
- A systematic approach and strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with the full lifecycle of building, deploying, and maintaining large scale and distributed systems
- Designed systems for high-availability, stability and observability
- Familiarity with relational and noSQL databases like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch
About the Industry
The US is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and give their customers a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey, the leading auto-repair shop software company, is a venture-funded, cloud-based solution that consolidates the complexities of running an auto repair business - from appointment scheduling, to parts ordering, to managing inventory and processing payments - all onto a single platform. We help repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation with simple, easy-to-use software.
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Company name: Shopmonkey
Remote job title: Director of Engineering